Noozxoide for Android
Apr 7, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #16 of 20
Hi.... I'm into music for years but i just recently have the budget to get a decent pair of cans and really get into this field..... So, i downloaded the noozoxide app recently but had no idea whatsoever on how to use it....... Any kind soul care to teach me? Like for starters, should i use the line-out/built-in/wireless audio monitor???
And what is soft clipping compressor?
Increasing monitor size?
And how those settings impact the sound. Thx =)

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:
Hi.... I'm into music for years but i just recently have the budget to get a decent pair of cans and really get into this field..... So, i downloaded the noozoxide app recently but had no idea whatsoever on how to use it....... Any kind soul care to teach me? Like for starters, should i use the line-out/built-in/wireless audio monitor???
And what is soft clipping compressor?
Increasing monitor size?
And how those settings impact the sound. Thx =)

I am no longer using Noozxoide because i no longer have an Android device, so I may not remember all of the details, but you simply select Noozxoide under settings>sounds>effects on the settings menu. It should then process any sounds your android device puts out.

Increasing monitor size gives an added warmth to the sound as if you had larger woofers on a pair of speakers.

If you check this other thread it has much more discussion of the specific features and also comments by the developer of the app: http://www.head-fi.org/t/640655/noozxoide-and-neutron-versus-jplay-for-windows

Once you have it engaged, the effects are mostly easy to hear, so then you can just play with it and see what you like.

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #18 of 20
Hate to spoil the party but this is just DSP manager with a different interface, fancy labels, and different EQ presets. All of the options are identical; I am A/Bing their bass boost effects and the impact they have on sound is identical.

That's not to say it's not a good app; DSP manager is great, and this makes it available to anyone who doesn't want to flash a custom rom that has DSP manager. Its a pretty awesome app, just not hugely revolutionary like some seem to think.

It also showed me that one notch of bass boost really fills out my DT770 LEs on my N4 ^_^

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #19 of 20
I installed Noozxoide some days ago and have been stunned.

My setup is Nexus 7 > Fiio E11 > Sennheiser Momentum, and I was pretty satisfied with the EQ of the amp - using no other EQ's in the players.

I started playing around with Noozxoide and some of the settings really sounded good from the beggining. I am using the PRO version, using just the "Balanced XEQ", in "Audiophile" setting. It's a pretty balanced one.

Using the EQ on the amp is overkill - the E11 only has 2 settings, which improves bass+treble, in kinda "V" style - but with this DSP it's best kept off for sure.

Just as a note, I'm not the only one who liked Noozxoide. Two fellows at work heard this setup too - a "audiophile" and a semi-pro dj/producer - and both got immediately convinced. So it's not just me :)

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #20 of 20
You should try the new E Series, through here 9https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noozxoidelabs.eizo.rewirep)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back