nooo! my grados!
Aug 25, 2003 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jinxed84

100+ Head-Fier
i just noticed that there is a rattle in the left driver of my SR-60's during moderate to strong bass . this is terrible, it makes listening annoying at anything over mid volumes. i bought these from headroom and they are still in the 30 day period.

think i should get em fixed or upgrade to the 225's?
lambda.gif

and is anyone familiar with headrooms return process? is it fast? or at least without major hassles. im gonna send them an email and get the process started but i was just wondering what to expect, maybe somebody here has been through it and could share thier experience with how it went.

erg rattle. this sucks

Aug 25, 2003 at 6:03 PM Post #5 of 10
I returned some etys from them and they take a long time to give you an exchange or refund your money. It took them 3 weeks to refund my money which was a lot longer then it took them to process and ship my headphones. But the bottom line is that they do exchange your headphones with out any hassel, it just takes them a while.

Aug 25, 2003 at 6:06 PM Post #6 of 10
You've got Grattle. Try to blow any dust and pick any hairs out of the driver. They'll work fine AND you can upgrado at the same time!

Aug 25, 2003 at 9:34 PM Post #7 of 10
Lol, I love your sig MD1032.

Yes, check if you have hair or dust that may be vibrating against the driver. If you're more adventurous, you may have a slightly dinged driver that you can attempt to repair on your own. Headwize has some examples about this but I wouldnt advise it unless you're daring or you have nothing to lose.

Best bet is if you dont want to upgrade, I suggest asking Headroom or Grado about it.

Aug 26, 2003 at 12:17 AM Post #8 of 10
open those bitches up! it isnt all that difficult...i had to do it to remove hairs on one of the drivers. having no experience with it, i occasionally used the article on headwize as a reference, but for the most part just worked carefully. if you have steady hands and dont get all gung-ho about it, its actually pretty simple. took me about an hour, tops...and i was uber-careful

im sure there are people on here who would be willing to list the steps necessary, myself included

Users who are viewing this thread

Back