Noontec Zoro
Sep 26, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #77 of 160
Great portable headphones, clear sounding and balanced. As Tyll mentioned these absolutely slays the solos. No comparison. Actually comparing to the beats insults the Noontec as it does much better.

I just spent a whole afternoon with my Zoro and fiio e5 amp in a number of highstreet stores to compare to the Beats again. (I know beats signature well but wanted a direct comparison). I tried about 5 different of each Solo HD, Mixr and Studio. Using the same source, I was shocked at how much better the Zoro sounded.

To imitate the bass exaggeration of the popular overrated beats, I then turned on bass boost on the portable amp when I listen to the Zoro. WOW. its what the Beats should have been. SUPER thumping but still tight bass with great instrument separation and overall just such a pleasurable sound. Bass extension especially for sub bass obviously is not as good as over ear full size headphones but for a portable its fab. At under $100 these deserve much more attention. My favourite portable headphone atm.

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #78 of 160
My wife stole these ! She has a great ear and was only mildly interested in them until she need to travel and I suggested she use these. Bye Bye Zeros. I was lucky enough to steal back the V-moda cable because I was using it for my Fostex T50rp's too. I'm actually surprised by how little these HPs leak. I cant hear them even when the missus is in bed wearing them. I usually use Sennheiser buds when I travel but these might be good for me to use too.

Sep 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #79 of 160
Quote:
Great portable headphones, clear sounding and balanced. As Tyll mentioned these absolutely slays the solos. No comparison. Actually comparing to the beats insults the Noontec as it does much better.
I just spent a whole afternoon with my Zoro and fiio e5 amp in a number of highstreet stores to compare to the Beats again. (I know beats signature well but wanted a direct comparison). I tried about 5 different of each Solo HD, Mixr and Studio. Using the same source, I was shocked at how much better the Zoro sounded.
To imitate the bass exaggeration of the popular overrated beats, I then turned on bass boost on the portable amp when I listen to the Zoro. WOW. its what the Beats should have been. SUPER thumping but still tight bass with great instrument separation and overall just such a pleasurable sound. Bass extension especially for sub bass obviously is not as good as over ear full size headphones but for a portable its fab. At under $100 these deserve much more attention. My favourite portable headphone atm.

hi there, i was wondering since your using them as portable headphones, do you think u can use these for commuting on trains/subways? how is the noise isolation? i don't like hearing ambient noise interfering with my music. 

Sep 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #80 of 160
Quote:
My wife stole these ! She has a great ear and was only mildly interested in them until she need to travel and I suggested she use these. Bye Bye Zeros. I was lucky enough to steal back the V-moda cable because I was using it for my Fostex T50rp's too. I'm actually surprised by how little these HPs leak. I cant hear them even when the missus is in bed wearing them. I usually use Sennheiser buds when I travel but these might be good for me to use too.

could you let us know when you do test it for traveling, to see how it holds out with blocking out external sound? it'd be very appreciated

Sep 29, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #81 of 160
hi there, i was wondering since your using them as portable headphones, do you think u can use these for commuting on trains/subways? how is the noise isolation? i don't like hearing ambient noise interfering with my music. 

The noise isolation is about average since the clamp of the headphones isn't too forceful making these pretty comfortable. I use these on bus, train and subway. For bus and train its absolutely fine and you won't be able to hear the ambient when music is playing except alarms or loud announcements which is safe to able to hear any way. Underground I feel the noise is a tiny too much and the mus ic has to be turned about 80%+ of acceptable listening level to drown it out.

Isolation is very similar to CAL! And tiny bit less than, M50 or indeed the beats though in return you get a great sounding portable headphones. :)

Sep 30, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #82 of 160
Quote:
The noise isolation is about average since the clamp of the headphones isn't too forceful making these pretty comfortable. I use these on bus, train and subway. For bus and train its absolutely fine and you won't be able to hear the ambient when music is playing except alarms or loud announcements which is safe to able to hear any way. Underground I feel the noise is a tiny too much and the mus ic has to be turned about 80%+ of acceptable listening level to drown it out.
Isolation is very similar to CAL! And tiny bit less than, M50 or indeed the beats though in return you get a great sounding portable headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

thank you very much for your response! its only the subpar isolation on these headphones that is holding me back. if i could find a way to fit the monster solo earpads onto these headphones or some other earpads that can isolate better. i will buy these headphones in heartbeat. Unfortunately, for my purposes i guess i'll have to hold off on getting these. 

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #83 of 160
Just got a pair yesterday after hearing about them on head-fi, and doing a little research. I have to say, they've taken a little time for me to get used to, as my main desktop pair of headphones right now is a set of Ultrasone Pro 750s which have extremely pronounced (read painful) treble. The Zoros, on the other hand, definitely have some roll-off in the treble which causes them to lack a little sparkle, but at the same time makes a lot of the electronic pop music I listen to infinitely more enjoyable to listen to than it is on the Ultrasones, as the high-pitched chirps and beeps are much smoother and less sibilant.

Mids seem slightly recessed, causing vocals to get lost a bit in more complicated tracks, but for the most part they sound quite good.

The low-end is where these really impress me, as the bass is tight, punchy, and surprisingly deep. Silent Shout by The Knife (which is my go-to track for testing bass thump) sounds almost as good on the Zoros as it does on my Ultrasones, which is impressive, since the bass was the main reason I settled on the 750s in the first place.

All in all, these are certainly the best $50 headphones I've ever heard, and -as much as I hate to admit it- I think they might sound more pleasing to my ears than my $250 Ultrasones. Not that they're better, mind you, as the Ultrasones are far more detailed, but the Zoros have a more balanced sound and far less sibilance.

Oct 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #84 of 160
hi does anyone know where i could get a pair of theses headphones in a more creditable website? i tried amazon and one of them doesn't ship to canada the other one has no reviews soo i'm skeptical, did anyone here order elsewhere?

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #87 of 160
i saw them on ebay too for cheap infact like 70-90 in comparison to amazon. but i'm skeptical of counterfeits on ebay. like many other things ex fake beats. i don't even know if counterfeit noontec zoros exist yet 0.0. 
Quote:
I ordered mine off ebay, and there are several sellers that do international shipping I believe. Price is pretty competitive there too.

Oct 21, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #88 of 160
just ordered these guys off amazon, theres finally a seller that ships to canada! was debating between these at $99 (with shipping) and the philips citiscape downtowns for 88 with shipping. 

anyone find out ways to improve the noontecs isolation? changing pads?--> saw a lot of mods for other headphones and especially the monoprice 8320s... but nothing for the noontecs... wonder why -.-?

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #89 of 160
Quote:
just ordered these guys off amazon, theres finally a seller that ships to canada! was debating between these at $99 (with shipping) and the philips citiscape downtowns for 88 with shipping. 

anyone find out ways to improve the noontecs isolation? changing pads?--> saw a lot of mods for other headphones and especially the monoprice 8320s... but nothing for the noontecs... wonder why -.-?

Wait til you get these before you worry about improving the isolation. They aren't that bad . My wife stole these from me and wears them in bed next to me quite often and I don't hear them leaking sound. It is possible they may suit your needs just fine. 

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #90 of 160
Quote:
i saw them on ebay too for cheap infact like 70-90 in comparison to amazon. but i'm skeptical of counterfeits on ebay. like many other things ex fake beats. i don't even know if counterfeit noontec zoros exist yet 0.0. 

lol i really don't think someone will make a fake of something that already looks to be a fake :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back