Noontec Zoro
Aug 4, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #16 of 160
If these have more bass but in a way that's. It over the top and the mids are least level with the bass and treble I might be in for real treat then :).

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #17 of 160
Quote:
If these have more bass but in a way that's. It over the top and the mids are least level with the bass and treble I might be in for real treat then :).

They don't have more bass (vs the CAL's), if that's what you mean?, But a more tight presentation and not as flabby as the CAL's sometimes can get with certain music.The Zoro's,  not too much, if any upper bass 100-200 hz dominance.  The mids of the Zoro's I find very well presented and fairly detailed, although Tyll's measurements http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/NoontecZoro.pdf shows an explicit drop off around 4k, but this is often seen in many headphones with a V-shaped sound signature.

So far, I just don't really notice this (again, just on my second day!). Granted, they don't have the mid flavor boost as the V/M-80 which I actually very much like, but I certainly do not find the mids of the Zoro's to be recessed in any way, so something else is compensating for this?  

Summing up,  I  just find them not just very well balanced between lows and highs, but also with a mid presentation that I actually can accept and vouch for.  

I'

Aug 5, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #18 of 160
Sorry when I was mentioning bass I was thinking more about the M80 and some of my other headphones. I prefer clear mids that are more up front so this will be interesting to see how I like these but I also started to appreciate the more neutral mids of the SRH-1840 as compared to the mid forward SRH-1440 from Shure. So I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Aug 8, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #19 of 160
Subscribed...
popcorn.gif

Any more comparisons between these and the CAL!? 
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #22 of 160
CAL, is that the Creative Live?

dweaver, you wouldn't happen to be anywhere near Vancouver, would you?

Sorry I am in Calgary.

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #23 of 160
The problem for me with these is that Beats owners probably think of this as a cheap knock-off of their "high quality, best sound ever hurr durr" headphones even if the Zoro sound better. Kind of ruins it for me, especially in public. Them not knowing would bother me. I care too much and lack confidence like that
tongue.gif

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #24 of 160
Now see, that shows how each of us is unique. For me I simply don't anyone to think I would listen to Beats period LOL.

But more seriously if you don't like the sound of Beats but like the visual looks, why would you care that someone might think your wearing a knockoff? Heck it will likely give you a chance to help educate. The Beats owner who approaches to ridicule do this. Appear innocently naive and say something like, "hey I wonder if they sound different?". Then pick a song that clearly plays into the hands of quality audiophile sound versus something is just beat driven. Start with your headphone and let the other person have a listen then play the same song on their headphone. Not everyone will hear or admit the difference but many will give you a shocked look :).

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #26 of 160
Quote:
Now see, that shows how each of us is unique. For me I simply don't anyone to think I would listen to Beats period LOL.
But more seriously if you don't like the sound of Beats but like the visual looks, why would you care that someone might think your wearing a knockoff? Heck it will likely give you a chance to help educate. The Beats owner who approaches to ridicule do this. Appear innocently naive and say something like, "hey I wonder if they sound different?". Then pick a song that clearly plays into the hands of quality audiophile sound versus something is just beat driven. Start with your headphone and let the other person have a listen then play the same song on their headphone. Not everyone will hear or admit the difference but many will give you a shocked look :).

People's facial expression when listening to music/a particular set of headphones can often say much more than words. Particular when you know them very well and how to read their body language. 

Aug 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #28 of 160
Does anyone know the best aftermarket iPhone cable for these?  I'd like something with an L-plug, or at least a flat anti-tangle cord.  The V-moda doesn't do either.  I'm inclined to buy a Beats cable on eBay.

Aug 18, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #30 of 160
Ok my pair arrived yesterday and so far I am very impressed. Initially I thought the mids were a bit to neutral but loved the clarity but as I have adjusted to them I am really enjoying their mids. The bass is slightly heavier than most of me gear but in a nice pleasant way that I am really enjoying. The treble is a bit to laid back so find myself listening at a bit louder volumes but only a bit.

Overall I am glad I got these. I also am finding these very comfortable for an on ear headphone. My hat is off to a friend who shall go nameless that mentioned these to me via email as I may never have noticed them otherwise. I am curious how these stack up the to the FOTM juggernought JVC S500 but am not sure I am willing to commit the financial resources to buying that headphone to find out first hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back