Noontec RIO, IEM by Noontec
Dec 7, 2012 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

thekenner33

New Head-Fier
Has anyone heard of the or actually hear of the RIO?  There are like no reviews on these IEM, and I was wondering whether these live up to the quality of the Zoro which I was extremely happy with.  Here's the link to Noontec's website: 
http://www.noontec.com.au/?m=Product&i=81&v=Default

and amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Fashion-Performance-Headphones-Technology/dp/B00AB3YKZW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1354926585&sr=8-3&keywords=noontec+rio

I have to say, they look pretty cool:

Jan 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 33
I actually have heard of them and I have a pair. I bought them on the fly because I too was thrilled with my Zoros (I'm a compulsive buyer lol). In my opinion they are excellent. The truth is I'm not a huge fan of in-ear headphones. But these are comfortable and the sound quality is incredible. A bit bassier than the Zoros so for some that will be a plus. Recommended!

Jan 2, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #3 of 33
Cool!  Looks like i'll have to buy a pair (im kind of an impulse buyer too).  The only thing I can see that would annoy me is the cord, because it looks the same as the Zoro cord which could be a bit thicker and sturdier, but thats a fairly minor flaw.

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #4 of 33
Quote:
Cool!  Looks like i'll have to buy a pair (im kind of an impulse buyer too).  The only thing I can see that would annoy me is the cord, because it looks the same as the Zoro cord which could be a bit thicker and sturdier, but thats a fairly minor flaw.

could you update us when you get a chance? i was actually looking at these as well after owning the zoros myself. the cable does worry me however, i have only owned my zoros for 2 and 1/2 months and  the cable doesn't work anymore (no vocals come out from the headphones).

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #5 of 33
Quote:

could you update us when you get a chance? i was actually looking at these as well after owning the zoros myself. the cable does worry me however, i have only owned my zoros for 2 and 1/2 months and  the cable doesn't work anymore (no vocals come out from the headphones).

Sure will do. I'll probably buy them sometime next week. Also dang already it broke? I would suggest getting the V-moda cord http://v-moda.com/accessories/ cause yeah the stock cord kinda stinks.

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #6 of 33
You mentioned that your zoro cable broke? Interestingly enough so did mine. Happens to be, I contacted info@zorosound.com and they sent me another one! Quickly too! I was really shocked. 

Anyway, I have to say I still love my Rios. The best part is, the cable is really long so even when I give them to my tall friends to try, they can still use them with no trouble. And the inclusion of a mic and select button was a great idea. 

Feb 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #7 of 33
Quote:
I actually have heard of them and I have a pair. I bought them on the fly because I too was thrilled with my Zoros (I'm a compulsive buyer lol). In my opinion they are excellent. The truth is I'm not a huge fan of in-ear headphones. But these are comfortable and the sound quality is incredible. A bit bassier than the Zoros so for some that will be a plus. Recommended!

I think more bass is a good thing since I find the Zoros lacking a bit in that department. I am surprised though that the Rios cost more than the Zoros. I own the Philips Underground and they sound great for the price I paid CAD 15. Only gripe is comfort as you need to fit the largest cup to get a good seal. How are the Rio's mid and treble as compared to the Zoro's? Are they comparable? Thanks

Mar 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #8 of 33
I am interested in purchasing a pair of these.  I like to wear over the ear.  How are they this way as far a comfort goes? Looks like the cord could be a bit awkward for this.

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:
I am interested in purchasing a pair of these.  I like to wear over the ear.  How are they this way as far a comfort goes? Looks like the cord could be a bit awkward for this.

You mean the Rio's? I cannot fathom why it commands a higher price than the Zoro's. Perhaps it does sound great but seem to have difficulty looking for reviews on these.

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #13 of 33
Well, after a couple days with them. here are my thoughts. 

I purchased the Rio's through a groupon deal for $40, and for that price, I really couldn't ask for more, and as a whole, I think they're a pretty solid pair of in ears.  The Rio are definitely bass heavy, but not so much so that the bass is overpowering, also the lows rather clean and well controlled considering how relatively prominent they are. Noontec really did a good job keeping the bass from muddying up the overall sound of the Rio. As far as mids go, they're a bit recessed for my tastes, and on some songs vocals were a little hard to hear over the low and high ranges, although this was fairly rare. The highs in the rio are very clear, and crisp, and at times maybe a little bit harsh, but I've always been sensitive to highs, so that harshness could be unique to me. Overall though, so far I really do like the Rio's, and I'm extremely glad that I was able to get them for such a great price. The only complaints I have are the lack of accessories for the price (they only come with a little case, and 3 sets of tips) and harshness that arrives on some songs, but other than that, they've been very enjoyable to listen to. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for  in ear headphones with good bass without muddying up the mids & highs, or someone who wants ANY of the beats in ears, as these look just as good, and sound leagues better, and thirdly to anyone who wants a stylish, good sounding, and very comfortable set of in ears to wear around.  If you want to know if I feel that they'd be worth $100, I would have to say that depends. If you're looking for the best sound for the price, then I would say you can do better for the money. If you want in ears that sound pretty good, and lok great, while being comfortable, though, then I would say that their full price could be easily justified.

Sorry if that might be a bit hard to follow, and if you have any questions let me know. Also I can do comparisons with plenty of other IEM's in a similar price range to the rio's if needed ie Nuforce NE-700 Klipsch s4, and many others.

Mar 12, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:
Well, after a couple days with them. here are my thoughts. 

I purchased the Rio's through a groupon deal for $40, and for that price, I really couldn't ask for more, and as a whole, I think they're a pretty solid pair of in ears.  The Rio are definitely bass heavy, but not so much so that the bass is overpowering, also the lows rather clean and well controlled considering how relatively prominent they are. Noontec really did a good job keeping the bass from muddying up the overall sound of the Rio. As far as mids go, they're a bit recessed for my tastes, and on some songs vocals were a little hard to hear over the low and high ranges, although this was fairly rare. The highs in the rio are very clear, and crisp, and at times maybe a little bit harsh, but I've always been sensitive to highs, so that harshness could be unique to me. Overall though, so far I really do like the Rio's, and I'm extremely glad that I was able to get them for such a great price. The only complaints I have are the lack of accessories for the price (they only come with a little case, and 3 sets of tips) and harshness that arrives on some songs, but other than that, they've been very enjoyable to listen to. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for  in ear headphones with good bass without muddying up the mids & highs, or someone who wants ANY of the beats in ears, as these look just as good, and sound leagues better, and thirdly to anyone who wants a stylish, good sounding, and very comfortable set of in ears to wear around.  If you want to know if I feel that they'd be worth $100, I would have to say that depends. If you're looking for the best sound for the price, then I would say you can do better for the money. If you want in ears that sound pretty good, and lok great, while being comfortable, though, then I would say that their full price could be easily justified.

Sorry if that might be a bit hard to follow, and if you have any questions let me know. Also I can do comparisons with plenty of other IEM's in a similar price range to the rio's if needed ie Nuforce NE-700 Klipsch s4, and many others.

$ 40 is a steal and hard to beat. The S4 runs to about $75 I think. I'll research about the Nuforce 700. Thanks for posting your thoughts and suggestions.

Mar 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #15 of 33

I would love your opinion on how these compare to the klipsch s4.

I personally am not a fan of heavy base and really sharp highs. Do you think I could tone them down with the built in equalizer on my phone? And also tone up the mids?
They currently available for 40$on woot so I am tempted...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back