Noobie System Question...
Dec 29, 2006 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

davidober

New Head-Fier
I'll make this as brief as possible. I have a new kick booty computer system on the way (E6600 3.4 Ghz / 8800GTX / 150GB Raptor / etc., etc.) to me and everything is set except my sound system (and monitor, but that's not important here). The only thing set so far with sound is that I will have an X-Fi Platinum. Other than that, here are my needs:

1. I listen to iTunes a lot, but rarely through headphones, so I want a speaker set up that works well with iTunes music. Budget is $500 or less for speakers, and I was thinking about the Logitech wireless surround ones, and I'm prety sure games will sound great on them, but I'm not sure how music will sound on them.

2. I'm a gamer, and play all kinds of games, and I use headphones 50 percent of the time and play without headphones 50 percent of the time. I'm definitely looking for headphones that sound/work great with FPS games like Half-Life 2 and upcoming games like Crysis. Budget on headphones is $150 or less.

3. I don't yet watch movies on my computer, but there's a strong possibility of that in the future (I will have either a Dell 2407 or 3007. Haven't made up my mind yet...). Not sure if this matters, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

I am totally confused right now about what to do, and I could really use some help and suggestions from guys who know what they're doing. I've been reading lots of posts here and at anandtech.com and I'm still more confused than ever over what to do...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

David

Dec 30, 2006 at 7:34 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by nautikal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazon has Sennheiser HD580s for 125$ and B&H has Beyer DT880's for $150. Both are highly recommended.
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD5...&s=electronics
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

By the way, you better be overclocking that system!

I got the system overclocked from "OverdrivePC," a top-of-the-line boutique gaming rig builder. I should have it in about a week or so.

Thanks for the recs on the headphones. :)

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back