noob Zune question
Oct 29, 2007 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

PUGSTUB

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I just got a Zune and tried syncing it twice to make sure but some of the songs got put into the wrong folders and stuff. Is there any way to correct this? It says playing a certain song and its a completely different song and artist. Can anyone help me, please? What can I do to correct this problem?

Oct 29, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 10
ok. I think the Zune software is changing the id3 tag info on your songs.
Please, disable "Retrieve additional information from the internet" under Options > Library.

You can clean your tags since the Zune is a id3 tag based player. Make sure that the Artist and Album Artist tags are identical for non-compilation albums on each song of the album.

For compilation albums, use the Album tag as Album Artist tag for each song inside the album.

Before doing all the steps above, I recommend you to delete the wrongly tagged content on your Zune.

Go to the navigation pane (with your Zune connected). Click on its name, select the incorrect song/album and press the "Del" key.

Oct 29, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #3 of 10
I'm still using win2K, can I use mediamonkey with a zune?
would it transfer not only music files but photos and videos?

Oct 30, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by PUGSTUB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that worked for me. I lost the demo stuff provided by Zune when I deleted everything and re-synced but I think it is error free now. Thank you so much Ricardo.

Sorry I missed the post, good advice there Ricardo.

Also, if you would like the preloaded content back, I can point you in the right direction.

Oct 30, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #10 of 10
thanks for the answer Zip
and thanks to the others, too. I think I'm stuck with the Iaudios, cowons
and the 5.5 gen ipods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back