Noob with transformers needs help
Mar 4, 2006 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

deaconblues

500+ Head-Fier
I need new power transformers for a damaged Bada PH-12 that I bought at a nice price. I'm quite a noob when it comes to transformers, so I don't even know where to look to get the proper equipment. Anyways, the mysterious sealed cylinder on the PH-12 has 3 sets of outputs. One plugs into a spot labeled ~265v, and it consists of 2 wires. Another 2-wire output plugs into a spot labeled ~9v. Finally, there is a 3-wire output (I'm pretty sure it's center tapped) that goes into a connector labeled ~35v*2 . The PH-12 originally used a 220v input, but I guess I might as well try to configure it for 120v since I'm replacing the power supply transformers.

The problem is that I have no clue where to look for any transformers that could give me this type of output. I'd really appreciate some tips about the wonderful world of transformers
tongue.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:53 AM Post #6 of 6
If your original transformer had three secondaries at those voltages, and you want a similar replacement, then you need to have one custom-wound to your specs. The chance of finding an exact replacement off-the-shelf is slim, unless you source one from the maker of the Bada amp.

I assume the style of transformer you seek is a toroid. Try contacting Avel-Lindberg or Richard Sumner Technology for a quote. You'll need to provide information about the exact configuration (primary and secondary windings, voltages, and the VA ratings of each).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back