[NOOB] "V-shaped" IEMs under 70€
Jan 23, 2015 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

sgtscales

New Head-Fier
So I had a pair of Brainwavz M4 which served me well until yesterday, when the right bud simply stopped working. Now I'm on the hunt for substitute IEMs in the 70€ mark - yes I'm european, so please take in account the limited variety we have over here.

Although I enjoyed the sound on the M4s, I feel the treble could be more defined, as I listen exclusively to rock and metal music, which puts emphasis on the guitars and bass above all. So I believe the "V-shaped" sound is the right one for me.

Anyway, I've searched some of the alternatives, and I took a liking to the Vsonic VSD3S, the Fischer Audio Eterna, the Ostry KC06. I've also found the Shure SE215 and the Hifiman RE-400, although those go a little bit over my limit, I might consider them if they're worth the difference. I'm also open to other suggestions from you guys.

So I think that's it... IEMs, with good isolation, have to be available in Europe, under 70€, and above all with great sound quality and the so-called "V-shaped" sound.

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 11
The Vsonic is well regarded, why not give hat a shot?

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 11
Thinking about it, but I've heard reviews of poor construction and that they don't last very long. After what happened with the Brainwavz I don't really want that happening anymore.

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #6 of 11
Can't really comment on that as I don't own a pair.

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #7 of 11
So I've been searching and I managed to find the RHA for approx. 86€ w/ shipping - which goes to under $100. Are they worth the cost, and more importantly, the ~20$ more than my budget?

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #8 of 11
Again, I won't give advice on something I don't own or haven't tried, but I do trust innerfidelity. They tend to fall in line with my preferences, though those may not match yours. I'm, sure there is an RHA thread in the IEM forum. Try asking there maybe?

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #11 of 11
I'm also interested in a good V-shape sounding IEM.

I mostly listen to rock/hard rock and smooth jazz and my favourite ever IEM is the Triple Fi10s, although I had to sell them as it was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever worn.

I wouldn't do the same mistake today though. I would have kept them even if they were uncomfortable. Unfortunatey, I haven't found anything more pleasing to my ears and taste ever since.

These days I mainly use SE215 but I can't say I'm over the moon with their sound. I like the isolation they provide though being very good for day to day commutes.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back