Noob requesting help with gaming headphones
Jul 30, 2008 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

1xcalibur1@gmail.com

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I need your recommendations on a KILLER set of stereo headphones for my PS3.
They will be connected to an old JVC amp which I'm planning on replacing with a DOLBY-HD soon.
I'm not so familiar with the technical details, so if you can guarantee me the bass will penetrate from one ear to another and sound directioning will be precise for FPS - that'll do
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

Jul 31, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Dark Horse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my Beyerdynamic DT 770's. They have great bass and are very comfortable on my big head.

Good that you say that.
I've finalized my pickings to the following 3:

DT770
ATH-A900
HD595

what do you say?

Jul 31, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you want to game with more competition, or more with entertainment? What types of games do you play?

Well, how about a little bit of both?
I know what I like and that's heavy duty basses quaking through your internal organs
smily_headphones1.gif

Then again, I mostly play Warhawk, Resistance and COD4 so having directional sound advantage would be nice (I'll get an amplifier if neccesary).

I guess we're gonna have to find equality between the 2 :\

Jul 31, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Well, I have both the DT770 and DT880.

DT770 = Closed, more bass

DT880 = Open, wider soundstage, more detail

Isnt 880 over 300$?
I'm willing to max out 250$ for now.

Jul 31, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #11 of 14
Well, you cant go wrong with either headphones.

They are both extremely comfortable.

DT880 are good for competition, but they do not isolate outside noises because they are open headphones. This is important to know.

DT770 are great for movies and gaming, bass heavy headphones, and have a closed design so it does a really good job blocking out external noises.

From what I have read from you, I would probably go with DT 770 but they need good amping for them to really shine.

Jul 31, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Well, you cant go wrong with either headphones.

They are both extremely comfortable.

DT880 are good for competition, but they do not isolate outside noises because they are open headphones. This is important to know.

DT770 are great for movies and gaming, bass heavy headphones, and have a closed design so it does a really good job blocking out external noises.

From what I have read from you, I would probably go with DT 770 but they need good amping for them to really shine.

Is there a considerable difference between 770 and HD595 or A900?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back