noob question concerning ipod
Dec 21, 2004 at 4:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

naddy

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

Is it possible to delete songs that are stored on the ipod? If so, is it possible to sinc w/ itunes and have it delete those songs stored on the computer?

Thanks for the help!

Dec 21, 2004 at 4:49 AM Post #2 of 11
If I am not mistaken you have to take songs off your ipod through editing your playlist in itunes which is in sync to your ipod. Make sense?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2004 at 5:08 AM Post #4 of 11
You can't delete songs from your iPod. You have to remove the song from the iTunes library and it will be deleted when it autosyncs with the iPod.

If you don't use autosync you'll have to delete the song manually from iTunes.

Dec 21, 2004 at 5:14 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by sigma
You can't delete songs from your iPod. You have to remove the song from the iTunes library and it will be deleted when it autosyncs with the iPod.

If you don't use autosync you'll have to delete the song manually from iTunes.

What? Can't delete songs from my iPod? I do it all the time. Select a file and press Delete. It goes away and space on the iPod is freed up.

Dec 21, 2004 at 5:30 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriyn
What? Can't delete songs from my iPod? I do it all the time. Select a file and press Delete. It goes away and space on the iPod is freed up.

What he said was that you can't delete songs from your iPod except through the iTunes software on your computer (or put it this way, you can delete songs from your iPod only through the iTunes software).

Dec 21, 2004 at 5:23 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
What he said was that you can't delete songs from your iPod except through the iTunes software on your computer (or put it this way, you can delete songs from your iPod only through the iTunes software).

Oh. Doh. x.x

Dec 21, 2004 at 9:31 PM Post #10 of 11
whats really trippy in iTunes too is that if you autosync, and say you have a song in your library, delete it off your PC harddrive, it will still remain on your ipod. I do this for CD's that i really don't care to have taking up space on my pc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back