noob needs IEM advice, <£50 bracket
Apr 30, 2012 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

leoniedelt

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. Some might remember me. I'm the very picky lady from the UK who settled happily on Bose AE2 for specifically comfort reasons.  (and they sound great after burn-in).

I'm looking for some IEMs to replace the ones that came with my phone. Just something for the school run, for my tablet and for when i'm out and about. I've got the standard ones wot came with my nokia, with buttons on.

I'm looking for something that ISNT bass heavy. I like the sound of the Boses, they're terrific (to me) so i'm looking for something that reproduces the same kind of quality that the Boses do, without being all thumpy thumpy bass heavy.

I listen to a lot of rock music - mainly pink floyd, david gilmour, etc. I want to hear the detail, not be overwhelmed by thump.

Thank you for any suggestions of what to get, and where to get them from.

Its my birthday Thursday so i'm looking to get myself summat nice :)

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 16
I was looking at soundmagic PL30 or E30 - i like the look, i like the over-the-ear way they are worn, and i like the red/blue bits, helps easily confused peeps like me tell left from right :wink:

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #3 of 16
Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice... 
redface.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #5 of 16
.. and that's probably because people make a new topic rather than use that specific thread which generates a lot less traffic to the thread in question. 

I do get the feeling that the people posting "what to buy"-threads are usually the ones never to be seen again after they've gotten the response they want. Well unless they need a new product once again anyway. So I guess it makes sense that the majority of people making these threads don't really care about keeping the portable forum nice and tidy 
redface.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #7 of 16
I don't see how your gender is related to the matter.

Anyway, if you found the Bose AE2 to be good value, I wouldn't spend too much time finding a £50 IEM as they'll probably all be representing good value to your ears. 
tongue.gif

Check out joker's IEM review and comparison thread. It's sorted by price, so you'll get lots of info on the choices available. 

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #8 of 16
Hifiman REO would be a nice choice I'm thinking. I'm not sure if you've read up on them. There's a pair for sale on the boards here. Or they can be had on ebay for around the price you're asking. ijokerl here gives them a very good wrap Sound (8.3/10)

They are first of the bat here in this review thread

Apr 30, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #10 of 16

Quote:
Hifiman REO would be a nice choice I'm thinking. I'm not sure if you've read up on them. There's a pair for sale on the boards here. Or they can be had on ebay for around the price you're asking. ijokerl here gives them a very good wrap Sound (8.3/10)

They are first of the bat here in this review thread

Thank you for this! I will off to investigate :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back