Noob needs help on a new pair of headphones...
Jan 22, 2012 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SpeedoBandito

New Head-Fier
Hey all im new to this forum and i wanted to get some suggestions for a new pair of Full size headphones.

What ive considered: V-Moda Crossfade LP(or LP2), Klipsch Mode M40, AKG k142 HD...
I listen to alot of Modern type music... i also listen to some rock and similar types. mostly modern(hip hop, pop, dupstep, etc.)
I will have a range of about $200-$300(very most but will like closer to $200)
I am liking the looks and everything about the V-moda's.
I will also be carrying these around most of where i go; ill listen to them at home as well.
I just would like some suggestions from some people who know what their talking about more than i do.
~~~~Thanks~~~~

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #4 of 8
Hello and welcome!

Which kind of sound you like? something neutral, or bass heavy? do you currently own a set of headphones or its your first pair? 

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #5 of 8
All i have right now is a pair of klipsch S4's... and im looking at getting a full size pair of headphones. Somewhere between a neutral and bass heavpair woul prob be my preference... although i dont want a pair thats TOO bass heavy. I still wanna have pretty well balanced music and still have some noticible bass

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #6 of 8
I am currently using the v-mode crossfade m80 an love it out of my 5.5 rockbox ipod classic>fiio lod>zo2 amp Zelda Orchestra: Very detail and superb soundstage daftpunk: treble is not as good as my orthofone eq5 but the bass is punchy and very accurate(not a huge problem if you have rockbox'ed device or anything with a 10band EQ) my opinion is based on FLAC source+headphone amp how ever 4gb zune with 320kbs mp3 handle it no problem and a great portable setup! the only problem I have with the m80 is the headband, I cant get a proper fit like my Senn HD25 SP II or Koss headphone but hey it is a sexy headphone :)

Jan 23, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #7 of 8
Of the three brands you list, I would pass on the AKG k142 HD. It is on-ear and not very comfortable for long periods of use. It also leaks sound, so not great for use in public.

Not tried the Klipsch Mode M40, but they look really nice and are portable, but maybe more than you want to pay?

I have the V-Moda Crossfade LP2 and am really happy with them. They are very comfortable, don't leak sound and isolate pretty well (although not as much as dedicated noise cancelling headphones). Although they do not fold up, they don't take up too much room and are quite compact for over ear headphones. I listen to quite a lot of electronic music and some dubstep and I enjoy the sound. They are also built like a tank and look great. If you order them direct from V-Moda, they have a 60 day test drive offer in which you can return them if you are not happy.

Jan 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #8 of 8
Alright guys thanks for the help...I just mainly wanted to get some feedback on how the vmoda lp's are. It'll be a few weeks until I prefer them (maybe) cause my bday is coming up soon and just wanna get idea of how the are

Users who are viewing this thread

Back