Noob needs headphones
Jun 14, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:
What do you guys usually do? Do u order them online and if you don't like the way they sound you send them back? Or do you have more stores around you where you can listen to them?

Here in the U.S.A. there are no places to try out (demo) "good quality" headphones, as for as I can tell.
I do not like most of the headphones they sell at BestBuy, so it's not a place for me to demo headphones anyway.
And usually you can mail order a headphone for a fair bit cheaper then BestBuy's prices.
In Japan, it seems they have demo setup for all headphones that are sold in a major headphone store (lucky them).
Chances are if you do enough research, whatever headphones you mail order, chances are you will keep them.

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:
Here in the U.S.A. there are no places to try out (demo) "good quality" headphones, as for as I can tell.
I do not like most of the headphones they sell at BestBuy, so it's not a place for me to demo headphones anyway.
And usually you can mail order a headphone for a fair bit cheaper then BestBuy's prices.
In Japan, it seems they have demo setup for all headphones that are sold in a major headphone store (lucky them).
Chances are if you do enough research, whatever headphones you mail order, chances are you will keep them.

Well that sucks. Looks like I need to make a trip to Japan lol (one of these days
tongue.gif
) Well I have a couple months until I can afford anything, so I will be doing lots and lots of research. Hopefully I make a good choice

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #21 of 23
There's no headphone demo on us? What a shame. In Asia, there are many, China, Indonesia, Singapore, Japan, etc

+1! There are many places where you can demo headphones in Singapore before purchase....but not all Asia country... Brunei doesn't even have a audio shop -_- when I grow up, I gotta open a small one here XD

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #22 of 23
Try going for Bose Q.C. 15, Senheisser Momentum, Sony MDR-1R or Bowers And Wilkins P5.. Better yet try and check out some reviews about them.

As you said, your budget is high enough to buy High-End headphones, so check them out. Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back