Noob looking for local help around Minneapolis
Jan 21, 2016 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Athadeus

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi community!  I have only occasionally glanced at these forums over the years and stayed mostly ignorant of quality music, but a couple recent developments have driven me to research more and request assistance.

I recently changed employers and now enjoy a 45 minute bus ride each way 3-4 times weekly, and in no related circumstance, my extremely comfortable full sized headphones broke beyond repair.  More urgent to me is to address the comfortable headphones with quality sound issue.  The broken set was a Sennheiser HD 590, which I appreciated the cool, open ear cups and the soft velour pads.  I have been using a pair of Sony MDR-V6 since with significantly more discomfort.

Because I haven't listened to much, I would like the first step to be to listen to more headphones before I establish any conditions (besides comfort) on what I want.  I didn't know about loaner programs until earlier this week from reading on here, but that doesn't seem ideal for good comparison considering I have little to compare to.  I searched for local meet ups, and it looks like there hasn't been one in the Twin Cities area since Nov 7th, 2015 and that they don't occur too frequently.

Is there anyone in the greater Twin Cities area that would be willing to help educate me on hifi audio and provide some headphones to test?  It would be greatly appreciated and there's lunch in it for you too if you want.  Thanks for any information,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back