NOOB Home Audio Question: How do you connect your audio receiver to your output devices (Phones, Laptops, etc)
May 15, 2015 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

compoopers

500+ Head-Fier
I have a Denon AVR-E300 receiver and basically I plug a RCA to 3.5mm Female converter cord into the back and then connect that to a 50ft 3.5mm cord which I funnel all the way around my living room under the couch and plug into my phone, laptop, etc.

Is there a better solution for this as far as wireless / bluetooth goes? I don't really know how other users get their inputs into their outputs in their home audio.

I've made this horrible diagram to show what I mean:

May 17, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 3
There are a few wireless/bluetooth receivers, but they all seem a little pricey to me for what they do. What I do for my stereo at home, and I think it's really ideal, is just have a small HTPC or old laptop feed the receiver directly and use remote access software to login to the computer directly and play what you want. So I have a cheap fanless foxconn mini-ATX PC with wireless card and coax out that streams TIDAL to my DAC/preamp, and login to it via my Surface and Teamviewer (free remote desktop software). On the other hand at work I have some cheaper speaker and use a 3.5mm out from a wireless bluetooth adapter and that also works pretty well, albeit on a pretty cheap system.

May 17, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #3 of 3
I have a Denon AVR-E300 receiver and basically I plug a RCA to 3.5mm Female converter cord into the back and then connect that to a 50ft 3.5mm cord which I funnel all the way around my living room under the couch and plug into my phone, laptop, etc.

Is there a better solution for this as far as wireless / bluetooth goes? I don't really know how other users get their inputs into their outputs in their home audio.

I've made this horrible diagram to show what I mean:

Option 1
1. Buy an Android miniPC with WiFi and SPDIF next to receiver
2. Set it up as a Headless Audio Server (Google it, lots of tutorials on the internet) with the smartphone as remote
3. Use an external drive with miniPC, or set up an NAS

Option 2
1. Buy a Network HT receiver
2. Set up Network HT receiver to access your NAS and with the smartphone remote app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back