Noob here....looking for a dealer for Shure IEM's in DC area?
Aug 14, 2013 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

revolutionz

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all, obligatory introductory post here.  Been lurking here for quite some time, got a lot of good info and opinions.  Current money pit looks like this:

Primary:
Sony Walkman F series > Forza Audioworks LOD > RSA The Shadow amp

Backup/old setup:
Samsung Galaxy 4.2 > Fiio E11

Sansa Clip+ with Shure SE215 (gym rig)

Only IEMs for me, haven't ventured into over-the-ears yet as I am usually travelling/moving around when I listen.

IEMs currently in use are:

UE900
Shure SE425 (I use a Forza audioworks cable on these and the UE900's)
Etymotic ER-4

I am looking into the Shure SE846, as I enjoy the signature of Shure's sound, but would like a bit more prevalent low end mixed in. (My ears just did not like the SE535's, hoping the SE846 will be the cure).

Anyone know anywhere in the DC/VA/MD area that carries Shure where a guy could listen a bit?

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #2 of 7
No but there is a VA/MD/DC meet soon (Aug 31st.)  Head over to the meets section to find out.

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 7
Gah.  I will have to try to get to that.  I am heading up to the Baltimore Gran Prix that day.  Thanks for the info though!

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
Gah.  I will have to try to get to that.  I am heading up to the Baltimore Gran Prix that day.  Thanks for the info though!

FYI, you can pre-order the SE846 from Amazon.  So as long as you can return within 30 days, then you don't need to borrow it from someone else.  Have fun at the Gran Prix.

p.s. I seriously need to go to the track sometime.

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #5 of 7
This is going to de-rail the thread a bit, but what other good track are around? Im from ND, out here for just over a year.  Gran Prix will be fun, any other events similar happen in the area?

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #7 of 7
I will have to check those out.  Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back