Noob here. iTune library. Re-rip for Zune?
Jun 26, 2007 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

kamenal

Head-Fier
Pardon my ignorance. I do not know much about the technicalities, just love my (mostly classical) music. I have an iPod 4G, Etys ER-4P and iBasso t2 amplifier with ALO Cryo Dock. Sounds pretty good to me, however I hear good things about a Zune SQ (amped or unamped?). Would there be appreciable difference between these two configs? If I go with a Zune, do I have to re-rip my library for Zune or I can use Zune with iTunes?
Your expert advice is much appreciated.

Jun 26, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 9
unamped, zune will own the iPod....amped, the ipod wins...

Since you're using iTunes...stay with the iPod. Life will be much easier, and you won't have to convert or play with anything, you just plug and play....

But it's kinda not fair, considering the Zune isn't using it's line out...

Jun 26, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #3 of 9
It depends on what type of files you have, but you never mentioned. I know it wont Play protected content.

The Zune is more than an MP3 player. Play music, view pictures, and watch videos and podcasts—all in a myriad of media formats (WMA, MP3, AAC, JPEG, WMV, MPEG-4 and H.264).

Jun 26, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #5 of 9
Hi, Omari149, I am here in Chicagoland also. I rip my CDs in regular Apple format, just stick it in my comp and import. I am not interested in DAP capabilities other than music.
Thanks.

Jun 26, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 9
You can't use iTunes with Zune, but you don't necessarily have to re-rip your library. Zune natively handles AAC files up to 320Kbps, meaning it will NOT convert them when syncing unless you've set it to a maximum bit rate lower than what the files are. Mp4 files are protected, however, so you'll probably have to UNprotect them if your files are in this format before you can sync them to Zune.

Jun 26, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #7 of 9
Oh, as for your question regarding SQ. I listen to my Zune at work with my SR-60s unamped. Sounds great. I usually listen at home with it running through my HeadFive and using my 501s. Sounds great. In bed I'll use at set of KSC75s. Sounds pretty good. Out in the yard doing yardwork? Either my Ety's or the 75s - with the mower running it's hard to tell.

Jun 26, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omari149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It depends on what type of files you have, but you never mentioned. I know it wont Play protected content.

The Zune is more than an MP3 player. Play music, view pictures, and watch videos and podcasts—all in a myriad of media formats (WMA, MP3, AAC, JPEG, WMV, MPEG-4 and H.264).

When did the Zune start playing MPEG-4 and H.264? According to the Zune Website(and everything else) the Zune only plays Windows Media Video (.wmv)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back