Noob HD555 Burn in TIPS..HELP
Aug 7, 2007 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

kbasanti

100+ Head-Fier
The HD555's are my first real "headphones", i have been using earbuds for a very long time.

I need to know how i would burn these in, i listen to a lot of rap/hip-hop music, so i will need a bit more bass.

Should i just keep playing rap music threw them, or use white/pink noise?

Can i please get some help as i do not want to mess up these headphones.

Thanks

Kevin

Aug 7, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 16
Hmm, I remember that HD555s had very short burn-in period. Don't you worry, they sound great!!!

Aug 7, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by kbasanti /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I need to know how i would burn these in, i listen to a lot of rap/hip-hop music, so i will need a bit more bass.

They will change the way they are going to change regardless of method. Check with 555 owners to see if more bass comes in. You can't burn in more bass by burning in a certain way. Phones may tighten up and seem to lose some bass, some gain more bass after burn-in but you have no control over it.

It would be nice to be able to do that though.

Aug 7, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #8 of 16
Tremendous change in the HD555s after burn-in, they sounded HORRIBLE in the beginning to me.

Aug 8, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by kbasanti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD555's are my first real "headphones", i have been using earbuds for a very long time.

Should i just keep playing rap music threw them, or use white/pink noise?

Can i please get some help as i do not want to mess up these headphones.

Thanks

Kevin

I think roughly 100 hours is about when my 555's stopped changing. They definately improve and smooth out after a bit of use. I thought mine sounded harsh before burn in.

Playing different kinds of music shouldn't make it sound any different after burn in so if you're hoping to get more bass out of it by burning in with bassy music (not sure if that's what you're getting at or not) I dont think it will work. It may burn in faster with pink/white noise but music should work fine too.

555's aren't very bassy so you'll need to use EQ to get more bass. Burn in should improve bass definition but from memory it didn't get significantly louder.

Aug 8, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think roughly 100 hours is about when my 555's stopped changing. They definately improve and smooth out after a bit of use. I thought mine sounded harsh before burn in.

Playing different kinds of music shouldn't make it sound any different after burn in so if you're hoping to get more bass out of it by burning in with bassy music (not sure if that's what you're getting at or not) I dont think it will work. It may burn in faster with pink/white noise but music should work fine too.

555's aren't very bassy so you'll need to use EQ to get more bass. Burn in should improve bass definition but from memory it didn't get significantly louder.

Thanks, you answered all of my questions, so between 30-100 hours is the ideal burn in time.

Aug 8, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #11 of 16
i don't believe in burn in
maybe because all but one of my headphones were bought used

but if you're really worried about damaging your new headphones, only have them plugged in when you're listening to them

that's just my opinion

Aug 9, 2007 at 8:09 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i don't believe in burn in

I've also heard a lot of people say "I never believed in burn in until I got the 555s/595s"
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back