Noob Buying Sub $300 Closed Over the Ear Headphones
Aug 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #32 of 39
Quote:
The m100's will get more comfortable after some days, and you can set the steelflex band by bending it if it's too tight.

It's not the band, it's my ears. I have heard they do get more comfortable though like you said.

Quote:
If you do decide to keep the M-100, then you should go ahead and order the XL pads too.

Yeah, I saw they were released. Too bad they are only in black though. I bought the white M-100. I'll see how the M4AU1 feel.

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #33 of 39
Quote:
It's not the band, it's my ears. I have heard they do get more comfortable though like you said.

Yeah, I saw they were released. Too bad they are only in black though. I bought the white M-100. I'll see how the M4AU1 feel.

the M4U1 are very comfortable but if you fall in love with the M100 sound, I don't think you will like the PSB M4U1's other than it's imaging and timbre xD

Billson :)

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #34 of 39
Definitely sending the Momentums back. While I liked their sound and how light they are, they are very much not glasses nor bigger ear friendly. They pushed on the temples and shoved my glasses against my nose.

Ordered the Magni/Modi combo, so I'll be playing with the M4U1 and M100 to see how they sound and fit. I would order a pair of Mad Dogs to try out but they have a restocking fee unfortunately.

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #35 of 39
Quote:
Definitely sending the Momentums back. While I liked their sound and the lightness of them the best, they are very much not glasses nor bigger ear friendly. The pushed on the temples and shoved my glasses against my nose.

Ordered the Magni/Modi combo, so I'll be playing with the M4U1 and M100 to see how they sound and fit. I would order a pair of Mad Dogs to try out but they have a restocking fee unfortunately.

you do not need such powerful amp to drive those two headphones but will see how it turns out xD

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #37 of 39
It can't hurt, at least he'll be able to upgrade to mid fi cans that are higher impedance with decent results if he ever chooses to.

That excatly my thought. Maybe in the future he can upgrade to HE-500/HD6x0/HD700 without hesitation xD

Sep 10, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #38 of 39
Update.

Got the Schiit combo in.

I'm definitely returning the Momentums. Cups are too small and they are extremely uncomfortable with glasses.

I hate the bulkiness and cheap feeling of the PSB but I like the sound the best.
I love the construction and portability of the M-100.

Both of them are comfortable. Both of them sound great coming through the Schiit combo with a slight preference to the PSB.

I said what the hell and ended up ordering the Mad Dogs today. I'll get them in a couple days but I have a feeling I will like them the best.

Sep 11, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #39 of 39
  Update.

Got the Schiit combo in.

I'm definitely returning the Momentums. Cups are too small and they are extremely uncomfortable with glasses.

I hate the bulkiness and cheap feeling of the PSB but I like the sound the best.
I love the construction and portability of the M-100.

Both of them are comfortable. Both of them sound great coming through the Schiit combo with a slight preference to the PSB.

I said what the hell and ended up ordering the Mad Dogs today. I'll get them in a couple days but I have a feeling I will like them the best.

good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back