Noo, Cerafines Crushed
Mar 8, 2005 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Mitch318i

Head-Fier
I ordered 2 470uf Cerafines for my mint amp, and they were unfortunately crushed in the mail.
What a sad sight, you can even see the fiber inners
eek.gif

Anyway, I doubt I'll get a response, but would anyone be able to spare 2 Cerafines in Alantic Canada? I absolutely NEED them for this friday, as I am going home and assembling the amp. Post details, or PM.
Thanks.
..Mitch

Mar 8, 2005 at 12:17 AM Post #2 of 16
Mitch,

Not going to make you feel much better but you do know that most of the Cerafines are too big to mount directly to the MINT board, right? I'm not sure what voltage you got but if you order these through Tangent they'd be the 25v version and they're huge. Literally 2x the size that will fit. You can mount them off board but I have no idea what enclosure you were thinking of using.

In my "spare" parts box I've got a set of 470uf Panasonic 16v caps which will mount just fine. Come to think of it, I've got a set of 25v caps as well. If you think that they'd get to you on time, coming from the North East US, I'm willing to mail them to you priority mail tomorrow.

Maybe that helps, maybe it doesn't.

Nate

Mar 8, 2005 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 16
Edit* Thanks for the offer, but I doubt it would reach in time. Could you Pm me with some details.*

Don't worry, I am aware of their size
I will post pictures of my layout.
I know I'm asking alot of radical questions with respect to the mint and its ability to use higher end, larger, more awkward components, but the space the mint uses, is well within the specs of the case I plan to use, and the 2 parts of the mint allow for a _| shape.

If I'm forced to, I will stick in some older 470uf caps I have at home

MINT_inside.JPG
(this amp is from user Pars)

I am aware he never used a railsplitter, and I have accounted for this.
If it all 'goes together' as planned, it should only be 2.7cm high x 4.5cm long x 2.5cm wide

Mar 8, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #5 of 16
I fear if the ground was to collaspe.
I pm'd you, I am interested, as it is only a 2V drop (which my batterys will be at 90% of the time.)

Does anyone have any objections with regards to 16V caps?

Mar 9, 2005 at 8:14 AM Post #8 of 16
lol @ Edwood
Remember whenever you post a thread about something that blew up or was damaged in some way shape or form you HAVE TO post pics.
It's a law.
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:13 PM Post #11 of 16
The site I use to host pictures wont let me add any ATM, server error. I actually dont have the caps here, they're home, I'm in university, my father took quick pictures.
Friday I'll be home, the site should also be fixed then
stay tuned :p, I'll even cut one open...
...Mitch

edit: I have an old website that shows pictures some of the time

1.jpg
5close.jpg

Mar 9, 2005 at 1:00 PM Post #13 of 16
How the hell can it be so smashed up ? The postman must have stomped/jumped on the package/letter to do that. If you tipped the mailman, don't do so anymore.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2005 at 2:50 PM Post #15 of 16
I don't think any postal equipment did that.

Was there a footprint or tire track on the envelope?
wink.gif

(or was it delivered by UPS... bwahaahaa!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back