None portable amp for my 325i with Rotel ?
Aug 21, 2009 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

cathare34

Head-Fier
What's the best none portable headphone amp to give me the best sound for my Grado 325i with my Rotel Amp ??

L3000.gif

Aug 21, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
umm...with your Rotel amp?..none portable amp???

Yes if possible a very good non portable amp, my budget 500$

Aug 21, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #4 of 11
Still no one that can help??

Aug 21, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #5 of 11
I think the problem is that we're not sure what you're asking, perhaps it's the English translation.

Are you asking, what's the best external, desktop headphone amp to attach to your Rotel RA 06? If so, then there are many amps out there, depends if you want tube, solid state and whether you want a colored or neutral amp. For my 325i's, I've tried running my Little Dot I+ w/ my 325i's out of my Rotel 1070. However, my pre-out on the 1070 doesn't sound clear w/ this connection but I'm not sure if that's just a cable problem. Haven't bothered to debug it.

The headout of the Rotel 1070 is actually quite good, do you not like the RA06?

Aug 21, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldskoolboarder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the problem is that we're not sure what you're asking, perhaps it's the English translation.

Are you asking, what's the best external, desktop headphone amp to attach to your Rotel RA 06? If so, then there are many amps out there, depends if you want tube, solid state and whether you want a colored or neutral amp. For my 325i's, I've tried running my Little Dot I+ w/ my 325i's out of my Rotel 1070. However, my pre-out on the 1070 doesn't sound clear w/ this connection but I'm not sure if that's just a cable problem. Haven't bothered to debug it.

The headout of the Rotel 1070 is actually quite good, do you not like the RA06?

Yes indeed i am asking, what's the best external, desktop headphone amp to attach to my Rotel RA 06, my budget is around 500$ it can be tube or solid state either is oki, i want to obtain a bit more colored, warmer sound!!
(The headout of the ra-06 isn't clear enough)

Sorry for the My English....
redface.gif

Aug 22, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #7 of 11
Why would you plug the headphone amp into a speaker amp?
If it's for bi-amping, be warned: you need to do bi-wiring too or it won't work!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 22, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #8 of 11
No, he can hook up a headphone amp input to the pre out or tape out of his Rotel.

Aug 22, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldskoolboarder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, he can hook up a headphone amp input to the pre out or tape out of his Rotel.

Yes indeed i have forgot to say it so guys what model to hook up in the tape out of my Rotel???

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #10 of 11
You should mention what type of music you listen to and what kind of music signature (if any) you are looking for. In hindsight, you should just ask for an amp suggestion for $500, adding the Rotel comment confused everyone.

Woo Audio, RSA, Little Dot, Meier, could be good starts.

Aug 23, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #11 of 11
What do you think of the "Grado RA 1 Headphone Amp" or "RA1-HG Headphone amp", maybe a good match with my 325i so i can drive my phones to their full potential

Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back