Non-Isolating IEMs
Apr 16, 2007 at 4:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

imhungry

Head-Fier
Had a pair of E3Cs but they just required being put in too deep, and I couldn't hear a single thing going on around which. Which isn't always bad..

Looks like my only choices are now are the Creative EP630 and the Sennheiser CX300, right?

Will prob go with the EP630s, since they're basically a duplicate of the CX300s, but cheaper. Any other suggestions?

Apr 16, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #2 of 14
Oh and yes I've had the KS75s. I have multiple pairs and love them, actually. I just need something I can carry around in my pocket with an MP3 player.

With the KSC75s, if I walk around with them the ear clip bends.

Apr 16, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #3 of 14
I think the V-moda Vibes might suit your needs. I've not tried them, so I'm just pulling together what others have said about it.

Apr 16, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #7 of 14
The Vibes are excellent semi-isolating IEMs. But be warned, some can find their sounds too colored. I find them extremely fun, but the upper-mids are a bit recessed. Overall, excellent buds with an average entrance iem price tag.

Apr 16, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #8 of 14
I agree with the above posts. The vibes are slightly open so you aren't completely isolated and they sound OK but colored.

Apr 16, 2007 at 7:04 AM Post #9 of 14
There's also the JBL 220, which are very similar to the Vibes in the semi-isolating canalphone way but offer a different sound. $20 cheaper regular price, but the 220s can be found on sale at Staples from time to time or you can find and use Staples coupons to drop the price on them.

The Vibes have also taken quite a bashing around here now that the inital hype period has died down, it seems.

Apr 16, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by imhungry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had a pair of E3Cs but they just required being put in too deep, and I couldn't hear a single thing going on around which. Which isn't always bad..

Looks like my only choices are now are the Creative EP630 and the Sennheiser CX300, right?

Will prob go with the EP630s, since they're basically a duplicate of the CX300s, but cheaper. Any other suggestions?

Your problem is just about the fit right? You seemed to emphasize that more than you did with the reason you wanted for isolation. Then get the Ep630s. If not then the Vibes.

Apr 16, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #11 of 14
I'm between the two right now, I might get both if I can justify the cash..

Which has a better sound quality in general? I listen to basically every genre of music, really.

I think I'd be happy with either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back