Non-IEM Bluetooth headphones recommendations for eyeglasses wearer?
Jul 31, 2015 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

headcoatman

New Head-Fier
So, I wear glasses and have had a really tough time finding BT headphones that will sit comfortably without causing my glasses to sit askew. Pinching hasn't been an issue, just that whatever headphones I've worn have made my glasses go crooked.

I have an inner ear imbalance that sometimes leads to bouts of vertigo and believe that IEM's would be a serious problem, so I guess I'm stuck with on-ear and over-ear options.

These headphones will most often be used for watching movies and television, so Low Latency APT-X may be necessary to avoid audio delay.

I currently own the Avantree Saturn Pro Low Latency Apt-X BT transmitter, which offers no (or nearly no) lag, as long as they're paired with headphones with the same features.

I have the Plantronics Backbeat Pro's which are large, over-ear cans, but support LL and Apt-X. I can use these at work (physical labor where I can't wear my glasses anyway) but at home, for tv and movie viewing, they really cause problems with my glasses.

I've researched this for months and months but have found few topics online that address this particular issue.

Would on-ear headphones be less likely to interfere with eyeglasses, in general?

I'm also open to ditching the Bluetooth and transmitter setup and going with IR wireless headphones if there might be some in that style which would be more comfortable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Aug 1, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #2 of 3
Comfort and fit of headphones is such a personal, individual thing. Especially when glasses are added into the mix since the different temple styles (straight back vs. curved around the ear, thin vs. thick) and how the glasses fit someone's head will be quite different between individuals.

As for on ear vs. over ear headphones, well, with on ear, the clamping pressure of the headphones is placed on the individual's ear. Some people find that on ears press the ear against the temples of the glasses and causes discomfort over time. So depends on the on ear model, and depends on the person and their glasses.

So here's a discussion of various bluetooth headphones: http://www.head-fi.org/t/746519/huge-comparison-of-almost-all-the-best-bluetooth-headphones-post-your-own-comparisons-here. They can at least help you figure out which have the best SQ for the money.

As for me, I wear glasses. But I just run a cable from my AVR to use with my AKG K7XX instead of using bluetooth. They are quite comfortable for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back