non-extruded ¼" jack
Jan 14, 2003 at 3:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Audio-Me

Headphoneus Supremus
Are there any Neutrik jacks that don't stick out of the chassis but still match or exceed the quality of the locking ones? I have a beautiful aluminum case and feel that the locking jack would ruin its great appearance.

Jan 14, 2003 at 12:16 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
Are there any Neutrik jacks that don't stick out of the chassis but still match or exceed the quality of the locking ones? I have a beautiful aluminum case and feel that the locking jack would ruin its great appearance.

Check out the pics of the Prehead on www.meiet-audio.com . Meier is using a Neutrick xlr-1/4" combo jack that isn't locking and isn't extruded.

Jan 14, 2003 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 5
You can buy the locking version of those jacks that Jan uses at Markertek, but I haven't found the non-locking ones available at any retail places yet. I haven't searched that much though. I've bought some of them, the body is plastic which is probably why they cost a dollar or two less than the metal locking ones. As long as your front panel isn't super thick you can use them without any problem I would think. With a very thick panel you might not be able to activate the locking mechanism without it hitting the panel. That may be why Jan uses the non-locking version.

Feb 24, 2003 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back