Non Beyerdynamic V6 Comfort Mod??
Feb 12, 2002 at 5:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Gluegun

Headphoneus Supremus
Okay, um, does anyone have any details of the comfort modifications for the V6's that DO NOT have to do with the Beyer pads?

Like, how *exactly* does one do the stretch mod? A friend of mine has them, and they are too tight, and he doesn't want to damage them. How, exactly, is this done? Is their any way to replace the pleather on the headphone band? Is there any way to increase the padding on the band?

Are there any other comfort modifications? Anything else? Is there any way to add the side-swivel feature that these so desperately need?

Thanks!!

Feb 12, 2002 at 7:57 AM Post #2 of 5
well I'm gonna try a comfort mod as soon as mine come in... thinking about mating some cotton fabric(probably an old black t-shirt or new socks) to the pads.. the socks would work easy enough.. but i think i might sew the fabric around em

Feb 12, 2002 at 9:46 AM Post #3 of 5
Bend the metal headband like so to loosen...

Grasp the the headband from the top with both of your hands. Place your thumbs next to each other as close to the center of the headband as you can. Using your thumbs as a fulcrum, push your thumbs down while pivoting your hands at the wrist so your fingers are moving outward from the underside of the headband.

Do this gently once, then test. Keep repeating until you get the level of comfort you're looking for. It is possible to re-tighten them if they get too loose by reversing the procedure, but it's better to get it right the first time.

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #4 of 5
I actually ordered the Beyerdynamics pads yesterday, but in my impatience, I was playing around with the v6 a bit. I actually just stuffed a folded up paper-towel behind the back half of the the pad. This creates an angled driver along with whatever accompanying boons, an increased sense of space, and immensely increased comfort.

I'm not sure about the angled driver part, but the v6 was practically a supra-aural phone before, with the implied discomfort and claustrophobic sound stage. This opened that right up. Night and day difference? I don't think I'm qualified to say that. Noticeable difference? Hell yeah!

I still can't wait for the BD pads, though.

Feb 17, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 5
That headband is spring steel. Bend it too hard and it will break. I've seen someone break a pair of headphones by doing exactly what you describe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back