Non audiophile thoughts about E3s vs Ety 4P
Apr 24, 2004 at 5:35 PM Post #16 of 20
I agree with DJGeorgeT. The Etymotic foamies are of a higher quality than the Shure foamies.

With the Shures, after about 15 compresses/decompresses, they would not retain their original shape and looked like they needed to be replaced. With the Etymotics, I must of gone through about 40 compresses/decompresses of the foamies, and they still expand back to their original shape.

Apr 24, 2004 at 7:03 PM Post #17 of 20
We've been using the spoon thingy in my family to clean our ears for several generations or at least since I can remember. No ill effects that I can detect.

Maybe that's why us Chinese folks talk so damn loud, especially at restaurants?
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2004 at 7:07 PM Post #18 of 20
i still disagree. My ety foamies fell apart (at the interface between foamie and inner tubing) after less than 1 mo usage. Yellow e1/3/5 foamies seem more rugged in this regard.

Apr 24, 2004 at 7:16 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by wontanamo
i still disagree. My ety foamies fell apart (at the interface between foamie and inner tubing) after less than 1 mo usage. Yellow e1/3/5 foamies seem more rugged in this regard.

Funny you prefer the shures foams. I spoke with Shure and asked them if there was anything that I could do to get more isolation out of the E3/E5, they told me to get etymotic foamies...

I have never experienced the problem you are describing, to me the ety foams are made of better material (stock black), last longer, and isolate more than the shure foamies.

But the shure foamies are decent. I buy them for my E2 (I have no choice
frown.gif
)

Apr 24, 2004 at 8:50 PM Post #20 of 20
For those of you wanting to dig in your ears, I'm sure its ok as long as you don't insert it so far to do any damage. You need to go in pretty far to do that. A couple of billion people have been doing this for a while and I don't think it has affected their hearing adversely. Anyway, ear hygiene is kinda off topic, but it may make those foamies and other tips last longer.

By the way, the more I listen to my Etys, more pleased I am about my decision to sell the E3s.

/S/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back