Nomad zen
Jun 5, 2003 at 4:30 PM Post #16 of 21
You don't need to buy a Windows-formatted iPod. Mac-to-Windows conversion is supposed to be miraculous holy-nephew-of-excrement-I-think-her-pelvis-twitched resurrection-efficient sign-of-the-Hindu-swastika easy. There's rather a lot of information here on ye Head-fi forumz if you'll only hunt/peregrinate/spelunk/[insert synonym here].

--St. Juarez of the Holy Internal Thesaurus

Jun 5, 2003 at 5:10 PM Post #17 of 21
iPod is NOT platform locked you can use any iPod with either MAC or PC and you can easily convert the file system on the iPod itself to best suit your needs.

See info here:
http://www.ipodlounge.com/forums/sho...?s=&threadid=4

Bottom line:
If you really want an iPod and find a good deal on a "MAC iPod" - just get it - you can indeed convert it for use with your PC.

I have an iPod (use with PC) and highly recommend it. I would also recommend using Ephpod (free SW) (don't touch MusicMatch). That's all you need.

iPod = ease of use, excellent sound output, fast transfer speeds, very portable, cool

I agree with what goose said "just get an ipod and get it over with."
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2003 at 9:11 AM Post #18 of 21
I would love to get an iPod, but there's a 60 GB Zen. I want to take all my music with me, and I have 39 GB now.

What would you guys do? Wait for a 60 GB iPod?
(No, delete mp3s is not an option
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Thnx.
brandon

Jun 9, 2003 at 9:45 AM Post #19 of 21
just get a 60gb zen. iPod uses smaller hard drive and there is no 60gb on a 1.8" platter yet. plus, there is really not much demand for such high capacity players, so I doubt apple is even considering anything above thier 30gb model for now.. Creative is just filling a niche market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back