Nomad Jukebox 3
Apr 10, 2004 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Tolovana

New Head-Fier
After way too much research here, I've finally decided that out of all of the various portable options out there, I'm buying the Nomad Jukebox 3 as our roadtrip car player. I picked it over the Zen Xtra because of it's ability to record in a portable situation, and the easy upgrade to a 80gb drive.

Of course, after deciding which one to get, getting the best deal is my next project. I found that Creative offers it on Ebay as a New in Box item. It's on a buy-it-now sale for 289.99. Creative is currently offering free ground shipping on orders over $150 with a coupon code of OS0404FS, so that price is the total price. (When you buy Creative Items on Ebay, they are available as a checkout item in your cart on the Creative site.)

This looks like the best deal I can get on a new in box (not refurb or used) NJB3.

Has anyone seen a better deal?

Carol

Apr 10, 2004 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 8
Nope.. Tolovana

That is the super deal..

Unless you could find the NJB3 in an open auction for less. I myself have snagged a 40gig NJB3 just yesterday for 256 bucks..
wink.gif
, But at $289 with free shipping, it is just a few dollars more than what I would end up paying on the whole. Actually, there is a sale going on at ebuyer.com's UK website that also gives you the FM tuner for free for around 150 pounds plus shipping. But, they are not very specific whether it is a 20GB model or a 40GB one. And, remember, they won't ship to US, so you might have to find a middle man willing to help you out, and you are looking at $225 on the whole. If this sale is indeed for the 40GB version, please order two, and send me one.. coz I told you so!!
wink.gif
wink.gif

Anyway, cheers on getting the uber DAP bro.. I look forward to welcome you to team NJB3..

Apr 11, 2004 at 12:36 AM Post #3 of 8
Well, I bought it, and there's still 3 left at Ebay, in case anyone else wants one at this price.

There are also some that are NIB on Auction from Creative, and they've gone for as low as $251 in recent weeks.

So I guess I might have been able to save a little bit more if I'd been willing to risk going for an Auction instead. But I'm horrible with Auctions. I always loose to someone who snipes me for a penny more at the end.

Carol

Apr 11, 2004 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 8
Tolovana..

Please correct the coupon code for free shipping on Creative website to be [size=small]OS0404FS[/size].. and it applies only to ground shipping on orders over $150..

-raaj

Apr 13, 2004 at 1:48 PM Post #5 of 8
Sounds like a solid deal. One piece of advice, though: get an extended warranty . Creative players have a habit of dying for no good reason.

To be fair, that's true of many HDD mp3 players, but I learned this the hard way when the logic-board from my old NJB3 died suddenly at 11 months.

All in all, great piece of equipment, though. I paid to have mine fixed, anyway. I wish Creative would consider Vorbis support, though. The NJB3 does the best job of any player on the market of recording, and it'd be nice if it supported FLAC.

Apr 14, 2004 at 6:40 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Erik F
Sounds like a solid deal. One piece of advice, though: get an extended warranty .

As I bought it directly from Creative, there wasn't any way to get an extended warranty that I could see.

Do you know of a reputible company that offers warranties for things you didn't buy from them? The two I looked at on the net didn't seem fly-by-night, but the 'replace with like item' (refurbed) didn't sound too promising. I'd rather have nothing than pay to replace my possibly repairable item with something I never wanted in the first place.

I'm planning on pulling the 40 gig drive and replacing with an 80, and I assume that voids the warranty anyway.

Carol

Apr 14, 2004 at 2:16 PM Post #7 of 8
I would recommend Viking Warranty as they have a warranty specifically for mp3 players.

VIKING WARRANTY

I bought my Zen 2.0 directly from Creative Labs last year and promptly bought a two-year extended warranty for it from Viking. I heard good things about them through this board.

wink.gif

Apr 16, 2004 at 11:01 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Tolovana
So I guess I might have been able to save a little bit more if I'd been willing to risk going for an Auction instead. But I'm horrible with Auctions. I always loose to someone who snipes me for a penny more at the end.

Carol

Auction Sniper

Please tell them I sent you:
achtunghoy@hotmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back