Nomad Jukebox 3 question
Dec 3, 2005 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

digitalcat

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone tried those $148 NJB3 on ebay? Do they ship to U.S.?
Also how long will the rechargable battery in NJB3 last for one charge? Considering it's most likely used, the battery life could be shorter than what is claimed, and I don't want to end up with a player than can only run for a few hours with one charge..

Dec 4, 2005 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalcat
Has anyone tried those $148 NJB3 on ebay? Do they ship to U.S.?
Also how long will the rechargable battery in NJB3 last for one charge? Considering it's most likely used, the battery life could be shorter than what is claimed, and I don't want to end up with a player than can only run for a few hours with one charge..

Saddly they will not ship to the US acording shipping discription. The charge will last for about 8 hours at 320kbps and about and 12 at 125kbps. I use two batteries but that's what I remember when I used only one. By the way my first battery is about 3 years old and still holds for about 5 hours. I'd get one of these guys if you can. They're great for the price. If mine broke I'd buy another at twice the prices they go for on ebay. Hope this helps, Aaron.

Dec 4, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #3 of 13
Thanks for the reply,Aaron. I've heard that they don't ship to U.S., but then I read on their ebay page that they'll ship worldwide, so I'm a bit confused. Sent a message to the buyer and asked about the shipping, didn't get any reply yet.

I wonder if the build-in harddisk can be replaced. 20G is good for mp3, but for uncompressed music a bigger harddrive may be better.

Dec 4, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #4 of 13
Im pretty sure that NBJ3 hard drive can be replaced with a 20/40/60, since its a 2.5" drive (at least thats my guess, that player was a big boy). Maybe not the 60 though, since that prolly has a dual plattar. Someone on this board will know for sure.

Dec 5, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrCookie989
Im pretty sure that NBJ3 hard drive can be replaced with a 20/40/60, since its a 2.5" drive (at least thats my guess, that player was a big boy). Maybe not the 60 though, since that prolly has a dual plattar. Someone on this board will know for sure.

Yeah its a standard 2 and 1/2 inch notebook drive I believe. I've seen them on ebay with 100GB drives although I may have been a scam. Who knows?

Dec 5, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrCookie989

Yeah its a standard 2 and 1/2 inch notebook drive I believe. I've seen them on ebay with 100GB drives although I may have been a scam. Who knows? Please keep my updated if they'll ship over seas. I'd get a spare one if I could. Thanks, Aaron.

Dec 5, 2005 at 12:19 PM Post #9 of 13
Got the reply from seller, they'll ship to U.S. for $22.5.
I don't have NJB NX so I can't compare the sound . AFAIK, NJB-3 is bigger in size, has line-out, and the hard drive can be swapped out(?)

Dec 5, 2005 at 5:32 PM Post #11 of 13
Thank you for the great link! I can imagine with a 100G disk this thing would be a perfect desktop jukebox! I said DESKTOP because apparently the Ebay store that sells NJB3 doesn't include the battery in the package, and for such an old player, it's really hard to find the compatible battery...Why can't they just make players that run on AA batteries???

Dec 5, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #12 of 13
It's amazing that I still have the JB3. It must be my longest-lived HDD player. It has seen less use as I started putting network clients around the house which all talk to the same library, but it's still the easiest machine to use for me as far as 'taping' anything is considered.

Dec 6, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalcat
Thank you for the great link! I can imagine with a 100G disk this thing would be a perfect desktop jukebox! I said DESKTOP because apparently the Ebay store that sells NJB3 doesn't include the battery in the package, and for such an old player, it's really hard to find the compatible battery...Why can't they just make players that run on AA batteries???

Thank christ I still have both of my jukebox batteries! I think i'm going to pick up a spare one of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back