"Nokia N8" and "feeding a (portable) DAC with USB on-the-go"
May 24, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #211 of 215
Oh man, I should have looked for this thread a bit ago when I got my Nokia 808. I didn't realize it was still regarded as a decent DAP. Is anyone else rocking the 808? I've yet to actually give a listen from it since around the same time I got the Aune M2S. Might have to see about trying it with the MEE p1's I have 
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #212 of 215
reviving this old thread again, just tried connectibg my Q1 to my 808 using USB with OTG dongle doesn't work, is there a trick to make it work? A software/ hdmi connection perhaps ?

Sep 23, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #213 of 215
reviving this old thread again, just tried connectibg my Q1 to my 808 using USB with OTG dongle doesn't work, is there a trick to make it work? A software/ hdmi connection perhaps ?

Works like a charm via OTG adapter into my refurb FiiO E7S, using the DAC of the FiiO.

Sep 24, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #214 of 215
I did not need any special software when using my Nokia N8 via a Fiio D5. I also did not need any special cable, just the OTG dongle supplied with the phone. If you have not done so already, you could try out the Q1 with some other devices. I used my Fiio D5 with a Samsung S6 and a Huawei P10 Plus and they worked fine. That suggests that the N8, the S6, the P10 Plus and the Fiio D5 all use a fairly standard USB protocol for the sound card driver. If the Q1 does not work with some other Android phones that would point to the problem being the Q1. I doubt there is any difference between the N8 and the 808 on this issue.

The HDMI connection approach is possible as an alternative and in my subjective view gives slightly better stereo separation. I think you need to use an audio de-embedder for that to work.

Sep 25, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #215 of 215
I do use it with my iPhone 4s and samsung galaxy note 8.0 wand it works

Users who are viewing this thread

Back