Nokia Lumia 1520 as mp3/wma
Nov 30, 2013 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

FLParishes

New Head-Fier
I'm new to the Head-Fi community but have a driving thirst for sound perfection.  Just to start this addiction, I ordered a pair of Audio Technica's ATH-M50 and also a Sennheiser cx 300 B.  It seems that the M50's are well rounded phones and the Senns were only $25.

My real question is whether or not I should invest in a portable mp3 player.  I ordered the Nokia Lumia 1520 about a week ago, still waiting.  I've read good things about the sound progression of the Lumia line and found where someone had given a quick comparison between the two and found the 1520 to be significantly better than the previous 920.

I'd rather not spend money buying a new player unless there is a pretty good difference.  The Lumia will also let me download music using my "Xbox Music Pass" at 256KHz (in WMA I think).  If the 1520 will fit well with my equipment I wouldn't mind investing in a nice amp (under $150).  None of the AT&T stores in my area have the Lumia in stock or on display because of demand so I have absolutely no idea what kind of sound I'm going to get and I have pretty much no reference.  Any advice that can be offered will be received with open arms.

I listen to Jazz, Blues, Classical, Oldies, anything Les Miserables :) and classic rock.  Being a NOLA native I try to pick up as much of the local flavor as possible.... Not so much with rap scene, with exceptions of course.

**I just found, what appears to be, a decent FLAC player app for this phone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back