nokia 808 headphone audio quality....URGENT...need help
Dec 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

vendrell

New Head-Fier
Hi guys am new here!.....am lookin for a decent phone with good music capabilities particularly thru headphones!....have been goin thru the forums and narrowed my options to 2 phones ....the iphone 4s and the nokia 808!!! Now the iphone is cool n all but i do not like tranferrin stuff thru itunes that much.... so that leaves the 808.
I happened to get my hands on an 808 from a friend and had a chance to listen to some music thru headphones. i listened to them with da dolby sound on ...nd it was gud. However i found the vocals kind of not natural. To me it sounded like it was on a preset  of concert hall or studio or something like those extra presets seen in some other phones.One more thing....this  nokia is upgraded to belle fp2! So i want to know whether this type of  sound is due to the upgrade or whether it sounds like this with bell fp1 as well. If there are members here who own or have owned an 808 please reply...... realy want to get this phone but am hesitating due to this....Thanx in advance

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #2 of 4
A winner is you! (potentially)

Lucky you, I have the 808 and have been using it constantly since last year. First of all, congratulations for picking the masochist way for smartphones, because that's how I feel using it alongside iOS and Android daily.

Back to the topic on hand: IME there's no changes going to Belle FP2 from FP1. Most of the update was for backend UX improvements and finalizing its end-of-life status. What I suspect is that it's the fault of the Dolby surround effect. I've tried it way back last year, and I do find some novelty in it, like wider perceived sound. But being a vocals junky, switching it on and off shows me that it made the vocals too distant for my taste.

Another theory might be your IEM/headphones used. Maybe it's just that headphone's sound signature with recessed vocals.

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #3 of 4
thanx jgray .......that should help with my decision.......also wanted to ask about the iphone 4s regarding sound quality is there a change in quality from ios 5 to ios 7? nd is it for da better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back