Noise Polution Alert!!
Dec 4, 2001 at 5:10 PM Post #16 of 19
At least I'm not alone. My temporary solution is to leave a air filter running at full blast (for white noise) and insert ear plugs. Then I turn the tv up loud enough to be heard over both the white noise and ear plugs. (tv always puts me to sleep) Then I turn the clock radio up to full blast so it will wake me up over all of the above.

Dec 4, 2001 at 7:54 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Budgie
At least I'm not alone. My temporary solution is to leave a air filter running at full blast (for white noise) and insert ear plugs. Then I turn the tv up loud enough to be heard over both the white noise and ear plugs. (tv always puts me to sleep) Then I turn the clock radio up to full blast so it will wake me up over all of the above.

LOL, pretty amusing remark about how much noise we have to deal with everyday. I tried wearing ear plugs while sleeping but they weren't very comfortable. The best time of year i get sleep is when i have the AC running in the summertime, it blocks out all noise from the outside world (like the garbage truck falling off the empire state building..scary stuff!).

George

Dec 4, 2001 at 9:20 PM Post #18 of 19
Well, the baby sleeps with a classical CD all nigth, so that keeps most of the outside noise covered. And the windows are isolated to keep the heat inside and that blocks noise too. But hey, sometimes at nigth I wish I had kept my guns and blast those damned cats and dogs to Kingdome Come. Funny thing is that I love cats and dogs and would probably not kill them. Actually, the nocturnal noise is more present when I am in the living room or working on the PC. But I am moving next year, perhaps to an area with a smaller number of idiots and freaks.

Dec 4, 2001 at 9:54 PM Post #19 of 19
I have thought about printing up some bumperstickers that say-

"Idiots abound"

(straight to the point and if they don't get it it is because, well..... see the bumper sticker.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back