Noise isolation
Feb 7, 2009 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

EYEdROP

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone. Im really pissed off right now. First off, my entire house is tile except for the bedrooms, so lots of sound reflects easily. You cant take a crap in the bathroom without everyone hearing it throughout the house. Second off, My parents have been drinking heavily every night for the past couple months. They blast the little TV on full volume sirius stations and try yelling to eachother over the music, so it makes things even louder. Or even if I turn the TV down to non-clipping levels, they will put it back on max and scream wildly if they like the song. This has made even my IEM's un-enjoyable. I havent been getting any good sleep because I wait all day and into the night until they pass out to start listening to my own music.

I feel like all this audio equipment in my room is useless. Help?

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #2 of 3
Hello EYEdROP,Hang in there things will get better.!! Try confronting them to work it out. They will see the light.your IEMs wont block out the noise ?? Crank up the volume and relax.!Put a portable radio in the bath room and crank it up and lock the door and let it out. Last resort try some zanx /valium be careful. i hope i helped take care and keep listening.!!!

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundCheck88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello EYEdROP,Hang in there things will get better.!! Try confronting them to work it out. They will see the light.your IEMs wont block out the noise ?? Crank up the volume and relax.!Put a portable radio in the bath room and crank it up and lock the door and let it out. Last resort try some zanx /valium be careful. i hope i helped take care and keep listening.!!!

My IEM's do isolate well, but it dosent matter when your listening room is atleast 70-75 db throughout most of the day, especially when your listening to music with quiet passages (which is 80% of my music).

Sometimes Ill try to crank my B&O speakers to drown out the volume. But when the music isnt at peak levels, I always here the droning of the TV coming through my door.

And belive me, the last resort has already been dealt with. I find cannabis to be the most effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back