Noise Isolation - Shure E2c vs. E3c
Jun 6, 2005 at 4:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

brons1

New Head-Fier
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello,

I am looking for noise isolating earphones that will block out noise on airplanes, subways, etc. and allow me to listen to my Creative Muvo Slim MP3 player. I am not an audiophile and typically listen to audio books. I recently purchased some Sony MDR-EX71 for use at the gym. I find these adequate, although they do not isolate noise to the level I expected when reading reviews on the web. They also seem quite flimsy and have a short cable that I do not like.

I have read numerous reviews for the Shure products and like the durability. Of the E2C and E3C, which would be best for this MP3 player to listen primarily to audio books and some music. I am most interested in drowning out exterior noise in the background.

Also, are there any other earphones I should consider?

Thanks.

Maury

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jun 6, 2005 at 11:01 AM Post #3 of 9
I don't know if IEMs can be perfect if you're listening to audio books. They'd certainly be better than than anything else though.

As a comparison, I find that when listening to quiet periods in music with my iPod at half volume on a crowded train, I can hear the chatter of conversations around me. This would be exacerbated when you're listening to spoken word.

Jun 6, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #5 of 9
E3 with the Portmaster 1000 mod now make my subway rides trips to sonic nirvana. You know you're moving but the noise is gone. Now if there was only something I could do about the people!

Jun 7, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritboxer
E3 with the Portmaster 1000 mod now make my subway rides trips to sonic nirvana. You know you're moving but the noise is gone. Now if there was only something I could do about the people!

You could try these...

http://www.gizmag.com/go/1276/

... of course that might be a little over board
biggrin.gif

PM1K

Jun 7, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritboxer
E3 with the Portmaster 1000 mod

What's that? Curious...

Jun 7, 2005 at 10:32 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo
What's that? Curious...

Click on the url in post #4 in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back