Noise isolation in-ear headphones
Nov 26, 2012 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Koenieboy997

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody,

For two years, I've used my Sennheiser CX 280 in-ear headphones to listen to music. But today, the cable broke, so I have to buy a new pair of headphones.
I have been very satisfied with the CX 280, maybe a little bit too much bass, but not disturbingly much. But a big disadvantage was the sensitivity of the earbuds. Every time I cycle to school, I hear the whizzing sound of the wind through my headphones. On average, the noise isolation was pretty good, but on my bicycle, I coudn't hear my music properly.

So my question is: do all in-ear headphones have the same problem? And can I better use on-ear or over-the-ear headphones (which lack portability)?
And do you guys have any recommandations for headphones under €100/$100?

Thanks in advantage!

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hello everybody,

For two years, I've used my Sennheiser CX 280 in-ear headphones to listen to music. But today, the cable broke, so I have to buy a new pair of headphones.
I have been very satisfied with the CX 280, maybe a little bit too much bass, but not disturbingly much. But a big disadvantage was the sensitivity of the earbuds. Every time I cycle to school, I hear the whizzing sound of the wind through my headphones. On average, the noise isolation was pretty good, but on my bicycle, I coudn't hear my music properly.

So my question is: do all in-ear headphones have the same problem? And can I better use on-ear or over-the-ear headphones (which lack portability)?
And do you guys have any recommandations for headphones under €100/$100?

Thanks in advantage!

Some IEMs have wind noise, most don't. I'd check out the PFE022, they're small and don't stick out as much, so no way for wind noise to come in. Around your budget, good comfort, balanced sound. 

Don't let the CX280 leave you with a bad taste in your mouth with IEMs though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back