noise-isolating IEM for <$150
Jul 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

noise-phobe

New Head-Fier
Hey,

I posted about a year ago asking for recommendations on a pair of noise-isolating IEMs. My only stipulation was that they don't go too far into the canal, as I have something of a phobia in that regard (which rules out Etymotics). I ended up settling on a pair of custom-made buds, but sadly lost them a few months ago while travelling.

So I'm looking for another pair ranging up to $150 max, though ideally wouldn't like to spend over $120. I don't think I'll go custom again because the shipping molds back and forth isn't really the effort.  

To be honest, I spent weeks obsessing over the perfect pair last time and it just wasn't worth all. All I'm really looking to do is isolate noise within the house and things like dogs barking; it would be cool if they provided decent audio quality, but isolation is my primary aim.

So far I was thinking maybe the Klipsch S4 or ShureSE215. Fischer Audio Eterna also sound good basic on Joker's review.

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #2 of 3
Etymotics comes to mind, but was never a fan of those flanges too. Have recommended that Klipsch to others, so that's a safe choice. The TF10's do isolate vacuum noise and still sound great.

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #3 of 3
Etymotics comes to mind, but was never a fan of those flanges too. Have recommended that Klipsch to others, so that's a safe choice. The TF10's do isolate vacuum noise and still sound great.

I don't like the flanges either. So I use the foamies Etymotic has for their IEMs: http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/hf5-acc.html Work great :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back