Noise in v6??!
Feb 9, 2005 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

st3

Head-Fier
i have the sony 7506 for a couple of days now,
im satisfied with the sounds it delivers, but there is just one problem.
i hear noise like " hisss..or hizzzz" in the background.
when i mute my media player, and mute all the sound on my computer, i can clearly hear this hissing noise..i thought it was becuase of my computer's on-board sound card, so i hooked up the v6 to a regular cd-stereo speaker. I tuned to the FM, and i still heard the noise, i though ti was because of the radio statics, so i poped in a cd and listen. I still heard the noise..the hisssing noise. IT really small, and if i play louder musics, the sounds can overlap it, but normally i do not listen to music in a very loud volume. Is this NORMAL? or my 7506 is a defect?? i am quite sure its not the statics cause by the carpet because the cords are no where near the carpets.
blink.gif

thanks.
st3

Feb 9, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 4
i had same problem when running thru computer, bought new soundcard, m-audio transit... clear clean sound.

Feb 9, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 4
Sounds like its a noisy sound card. The V6 is designed as a monitor. I use mine to monitor guitar recordings for the very reason you've discovered... It accentuates any slight recording defect/artifact. In your case the noise is (most likely) noise created by the headphone amp circuit, although it could be there in the recording itself (but thats doubtful).

Check all your gains in Windows and make sure they are not maxed.
Did your soundcard come with a troubleshooting guide?
Garrett

Feb 9, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 4
i plan on buyin the av710 this weekend
however, i listen to music using the cd player in my room as much as i use it on the computers. so does that mean i will always hear the noise whenever i use the cd-stereo players? ( its made by sony btw.)

st3n

Users who are viewing this thread

Back