noise,hisses distorted music /puremusic
Jul 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bobbmd

Head-Fier
purchased PM am using it for listening to few discs i have ripped so far but i mainly use the 'playthriugh' mode for listening to MOG and siriusxm
initially and with the demo sounded great-i thought it improved sound even more than my brand new gungnir dac did
THEN i started getting static,distorted music AND if i changed the sample rate from 44.1 to 96 to 192,000 the music slowed down and was really distorted NOW i am getting white noise??
PM said it was the clocking on the gungnir,jason stoddard said 'hogwash'
also after long periods if listening the sound of any playback gets very harsh anybody know why?
i have changed usb ports from macmini(brandnew,2.6gHz i7 16gbram 1tb hdd) to last one inmiddle of macmini i have connected and disconnected the rca connectors b/t gungnir and modi headphone amp and rcas out to my avr(thinking i was 'static' buildup)
surpringly the harshest sound now comes from my brandnew senneisher hd 598s again listening to MOG
if i did something ie like clicked wrong choices in Channel D pad or something in Audio MIDI section of macmini i dont know
everything(streaming mog siriusxm last.fm) just sounds better without PM playing and just using the usb out to the gungnir
there is none of this using or not using PM listening to my ripped discs on iTunes BUT iTunes will only play ONE SONG AT A TIME no continuous music
FINALLYi downloaded the demo mac v18 of JRiver thought it was great seamless flow of music the set up of the library the ease inwhich it imported libtrary from iTunes THEN it suddenly stopped producing sound the tracks played the audio analyszer showed wave forms and i got absolutely no help except nonsense from johnt and jimh so i diinstalled it-i really think its potential is great andplan to BUY it and see if it works(whats another 50$ if i dont tell my cfo?) any ideas on this problem?
I HOPE SOMEONE ANSWERS THIS

bobbmd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back