noise from ety er-4p
Jan 7, 2004 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kugino

Headphoneus Supremus
i've noticed excessive white noise when i listen to my ety er-4ps. i've tried them from three headphone outputs - perreaux sxh-1, CD player, and portable headphone amp - and have heard noise out of all three. it gets louder as the volume is increased. i tried my sr-325 on all three outputs just to make sure it wasn't the sources, and the 325s were quiet. does anyone know if noise is common on the etys or if i have a defective product?

Jan 7, 2004 at 4:50 AM Post #2 of 3
That reminds me the day I received my sony D66. I jumped out of my chair full of joy because I could finally hear tons of noises from a soundblaster live sound card !
tongue.gif

Jan 7, 2004 at 8:15 AM Post #3 of 3
The etys (especially the 4P and it's low impedance) are very sensitive headphones, so it will probably pick up hiss from sources that aren't very good. That said, however, it souds like your sources are fairly good, (but admittedly I'm n00bophile so I don't know if your sources are) and if they are, they shouldn't be giving out so much noise. I don't know the impedance of the SR-325's but if it's higher it might not pick up the hiss.

My 4P's are somewhat noisy when being driven out of my Audigy, but out of my iPod they're very quiet. I also just got a set of speakers with a headphone jack that when used does not produce hiss either.

Maybe you have a dirty conneciton? See if you can get access to other sources that are known to be quiet (like maybe go to an apple store and plug into a demo model of an iPod) and see if it is still being noisy. That might help isolate the cause of the problem.

Ruahrc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back