Noise Coming From HS50m When Connected To Pc
Apr 11, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #46 of 54
There is a certain voltage and current that equipment needs in order to work. that is to say, there needs to be a certain number of electrons flowing through everything at a certain speed for it to work correctly. Sometimes there is too much electrons flowing and we need to send them to electron heaven once they have served their electron purpose (This is called ground). Occasionally, electron heaven/hell/ground gets too much electrons in it and the electrons start spilling back the way they came. we think you can hear dead electron spirits coming back through your wires from ground through your speakers.

Essentially, we think thers too much electricity going either to your speakers or to your sound card. The only places that this electricity can originate is within the speakers themselves or the soundcard/mobo itself. The only place this extra electrcity could be coming from is the location where we send all extra electricity. its supposed to be a one way street but sometimes if theres too much electricity the electrons just spill out onto where they were coming from.

This is what was happening to my sound card back in the day but I wrapped the sound card in tape and plugged it back in. this made it so the electrons had to be plentiful enough to fight through an entire non-conductive piece of electrical tape rather than just plain wire or screw or whatever other conductive surface there was before. essentially i used electrical tape as a road block to make sure electrons dont go that way.

Apr 12, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #49 of 54
http://www.xitel.com/USA/prod_gli.htm

its basically just a 1:1 input:xf_eek:utput ratio transformer. Buy some random one from radioshack for like 2-10 bucks or whatever. see how everything sounds. if you notice the humming is gone, see if your audio quality is ok. if your audio quality becomes sloppy but the humming is gone, return the GLI you bought locally and get a proper nice one. otherwise if you dont notice a difference just stick to the cheapo radioshack one.

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #52 of 54
well i ordered this http://www.amazon.com/GROUND-LOOP-ISOLATOR-3-5-APPLICATIONS/dp/B001EAQTRI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303442294&sr=8-1 from amazon and it got rid of the noise, so i guess i owe a BIG THANKS to the guys who helped me out =) THANKS

Apr 22, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #53 of 54
Great that it works out for you without spending more money (a lot of money). The latter part is always good, but it goes against this hobby :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back