Noise Coming From HS50m When Connected To Pc
Apr 8, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #31 of 54
The noise could be ground noise from the pc, you can buy ground loop isolators which seperate the grounds and removes ground noise , for your connection you could try the Peripheral PGLI35 or behringer hum destroyer .

Apr 8, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #33 of 54
you could try to take out your sound card, or rather disable it, and then plug your different output components into the headphone jack on the mobo itself and see if the noise is more or less. If its not there, the problem is your sound card. if its worse on everything then its something to do with the amount of electricity flowing.

Another thing you can do is spend about 10-20 bucks on an el-cheapo DAC (something that will take data as digital output from your computer and turn it into analog). Basically make it so that we are no longer plugging analog sources into your sound card directly. You might even be able to go to your local technology store and find something.

Apr 9, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #34 of 54

Quote:
you could try to take out your sound card, or rather disable it, and then plug your different output components into the headphone jack on the mobo itself and see if the noise is more or less. If its not there, the problem is your sound card. if its worse on everything then its something to do with the amount of electricity flowing.

Another thing you can do is spend about 10-20 bucks on an el-cheapo DAC (something that will take data as digital output from your computer and turn it into analog). Basically make it so that we are no longer plugging analog sources into your sound card directly. You might even be able to go to your local technology store and find something.

does a DAC get rid of this sound?

Apr 10, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #36 of 54
it sounds like a problem with the actual hs50's themselves then. If you are getting the exact same level of noise from onboard, front panel, AND the sound card, but your other junk doesnt have any of that noise, then it can only be something with the speakers.

Apr 10, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #37 of 54
Not really, if he connects the HS50M to another device like laptop or DAP and they're ok there, then likely the grounding or the computer is the problem. In these latter cases solving it will take money and trial and errors.

Apr 10, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #38 of 54
like i said in the beginning, if i plug it into  my ipod there's none of that awful sound.

and keep in mind that with ferrite beads on both ends of the cable, about 1/3 of that sound is gone, but it's still enough to annoy the crud out of me =P

would something like this work? http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SNI-1-3-5mm-Ground-Isolator/dp/B004E8YRS0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

or maybe this? http://www.amazon.com/ART-CleanBox-Passive-Hum-Eliminator/dp/B0002E58GA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Apr 10, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #39 of 54
Can you try a ground lift? Basically running your computer and HS50M without ground connected to see if the noise is gone. If it is then it's a ground loop problem between the speaker and the computer, anyway to break the loop between the two devices should fix it.

Apr 11, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #43 of 54
Like I said before try a ground loop isolator, the ground on your pc is likely 10times as noisy as the ground on your mains, also removing the grounding pin on the mains you risk fire and electrocution if anything was to go wrong, you can however replace the power cable with 1 that has it's own ground loop which prevents ground noise entering your speakers.

Apr 11, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #44 of 54
I meant it as a test, not as a permanent fix. This way you should be able to test without buying a ground loop isolator only to find it is not the problem.

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #45 of 54
i don't think i have anything like a two pin power cable that connects to these speakers... any other way i can try out the theory?  Oh and can someone explain all this ground stuff to me? i haven't got a clue what you guys are talking about =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back