Noise Cancelling Headphones
Jan 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TobiTeeuws

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, 
I'm looking for some new headphones for my trip to Egypt. 
Now i caught my eyes on the sort of "noise canceling" Headphones.
What are the pro's and con's??
Would you recommend these type and/or do you have suggestions?
My budget is from 100 - 200, 250 euros max :) 
Gr. Tobi

Jan 17, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 5
For the most part active noise canceling makes headphone bigger, heavier, dependent on batteries, and they usually sound worse than other things at the same price because money goes into the noise canceling and not good sound.

From the numbers I've seen, Bose makes the most isolating ANC headphones put their sound isn't too popular.

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 5
These are my thoughts as well. 

Also, I don't recommend the Bose because they are overpriced for what you get.  If you must get noise canceling headphones, some people around here actually like the Sony MDR-NC500D. 

Quote:
For the most part active noise canceling makes headphone bigger, heavier, dependent on batteries, and they usually sound worse than other things at the same price because money goes into the noise canceling and not good sound.

From the numbers I've seen, Bose makes the most isolating ANC headphones put their sound isn't too popular.

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #4 of 5
If you have your heart set on NC, the MDR-NC500D and the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7b are supposed to have half-decent sound. Otherwise, have you considered in-ears for noise isolation? They actually block more noise than an NC headphone ever can, they're more portable, and you can get some great sound for $200 from an IEM.

Sincerely,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back