Noise cancellation, wireless, over the ear no more than $350
Feb 8, 2021 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

charmerci

Head-Fier
My friend is looking for a comfortable set of headphones. He was thinking about Bose so I said I would help him out. There's the Sennheiser Momentum 3.0 on sale for that price now. Any other recommendations?

Sony WH1000MX3? WH1000MX4? B&W PX7? Shure Aonic 50?

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 9
My friend is looking for a comfortable set of headphones. He was thinking about Bose so I said I would help him out. There's the Sennheiser Momentum 3.0 on sale for that price now. Any other recommendations?

Sony WH1000MX3? WH1000MX4? B&W PX7? Shure Aonic 50?
Need to know more about how he will use them, among other things. I had the Bose QC2, the Sony XM2, and the Senn Mo3... and the in ear sony wf...xm3. they are all very good but very different.

Feb 8, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 9
Need to know more about how he will use them, among other things. I had the Bose QC2, the Sony XM2, and the Senn Mo3... and the in ear sony wf...xm3. they are all very good but very different.

He said he wanted the best - but it's mainly for TV/movie watching and to cancel out a noisy neighborhood.

Feb 11, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #7 of 9
I tried both the Bose QC 35 and the Sony WH1000XM3. I personally favored the former due to a more neutral sound profile and greater comfort. I did not notice any difference in ANC, but the Sony are supposed to be ever so slightly better in this regard.

My biggest gripe with the WH1000XM3 was that the whole bass range was overemphasized, muddy and boomy.

Feb 11, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #8 of 9
I have Momentum 2, been impressed with the battery, build etc. Friends and family seem surprised by how good it sounds.
Wouldn`t pay the full price for them though, they are good for what they are on sale:wink:
ANC is much less intrusive than than previous Bose I tried ( Can`t comment on Qc35 ), which is either a plus or minus depending on the use case.
Sony WH1000XM3 had the best ANC for me, but struggle to remember anything impressive about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back