Noise-calling headphones
Feb 12, 2015 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

newn

New Head-Fier
Basically I'm looking for something to wear while I just want to be in silence. I don't want any sounds at all, except perhaps that of my keyboard, but I can still hear my computer fans, people outside, people in other rooms, etc., etc.. Sometimes I just want to be in silence for a while.

I'm really not sure what to buy, I want a comfortable piece that will not result in excessively sweaty ears and general discomfort while I'm wearing it, and that will cancel out the external noise. I don't want to hear kids outside, construction outside, cars outside, people arguing and listening to the radio in the next room, my computer fans. The only sound I would be comfortable with is the sound my keyboard makes. I'm not gonna be listening to music either, so for all I care, they can even lack a wire.

I'm not even sure if this is the right section or even forum to post this, but I figured at least one other person who loves music (and other sounds) also had a similar wish... And I had good advice here in the past, this is my favorite forum when it comes to sound equipment.

Price-range: preferably below $50, if that is even possible for my requirements. At the moment I have very little understanding of noise-cancelling headphones, their prices and technologies.

P.S. Not interested in earplugs. They are very uncomfortable. I don't like anything touching the inside of my ears.

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 5
  There's only one headphone here that I could recommend...Bose QC25s.

Oh, my apologies. I forgot to mention my price range. I'd prefer something below $50, if that is even possible for my requirements. At the moment I have very little understanding of noise-cancelling headphones, their prices and technologies.

Edited the OP too. How did I forget that!

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 5
  Oh, my apologies. I forgot to mention my price range. I'd prefer something below $50, if that is even possible for my requirements. At the moment I have very little understanding of noise-cancelling headphones, their prices and technologies.

Edited the OP too. How did I forget that!

Sorry, no NC headphones at that price range. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back