NOD32 users
Jul 6, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AFAIK the AVG free 8 has no firewall at all...They have a more complete paid version that does, but the free version has not firewall included.
wink.gif

Might not have a full blown firewall but it does have traffic blocking features. Will constantly get calls for 0x800ccc0f and ccc0d. Turn off Norton/McAfee/AVG/etc... and then email comes in fine. Also when AVG 8 was first released it had a habit to kill the Winsoc file for many dial up users.

Jul 6, 2008 at 7:07 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Might not have a full blown firewall but it does have traffic blocking features. Will constantly get calls for 0x800ccc0f and ccc0d. Turn off Norton/McAfee/AVG/etc... and then email comes in fine. Also when AVG 8 was first released it had a habit to kill the Winsoc file for many dial up users.

Could there be trouble because you are trying to run several antivirus programs at the same time? I know Norton is a bit tricky to completely remove for the average user. Before, AVG had two different programs, one for antispyware, and one for antivirus. Those two are now melted together in the 8. I have never had any problems with AVG free version.

Jul 6, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #19 of 32
Yea, I really hate how my virus protection software's GUI is so ugly and primitive in comparison to my pretty Vista Premium graphics. I also hate how it blocks every virus and does not eat up my memory, which is not all that important when running Vista. I wish they spent more money making it pretty, and spent less time on upgrades.

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, I really hate how my virus protection software's GUI is so ugly and primitive in comparison to my pretty Vista Premium graphics. I also hate how it blocks every virus and does not eat up my memory, which is not all that important when running Vista. I wish they spent more money making it pretty, and spent less time on upgrades.

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

You should try Norton. Problem solved!
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2008 at 8:50 AM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could there be trouble because you are trying to run several antivirus programs at the same time? I know Norton is a bit tricky to completely remove for the average user. Before, AVG had two different programs, one for antispyware, and one for antivirus. Those two are now melted together in the 8. I have never had any problems with AVG free version.

No not me personally. I work tech support for a local ISP and when i mentioned the above ones i was just saying you turn off the AV software and it fixes it. like I said AVG is fine long as you are not just a user aka dont know anything about the interwebs or computers.

Jul 6, 2008 at 9:25 AM Post #22 of 32
On my Vista laptop i use Nod32 (AV) and Ad-Aware 2007 (SW) and Zonealarm (Firewall)

I was going to use another spyware programme, however when i was installing this stuff on my new laptop there wasnt a Vista version. Is now, cant remember what it is called though, but it is good.

On my XP desktop gamer i use Nod32, PeerGaurdian, zonealarm and the spyware programme i cant remember the name of. PC broke, havnt used it for a while and it isnt even at home.

Used to use AVG anti spyware and anti virus on both a while back.

Matt

Jul 6, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #23 of 32
I have a mac. The GUI is really great and I dont even need an AV. You should try, you wont regret it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a mac. The GUI is really great and I dont even need an AV. You should try, you wont regret it
smily_headphones1.gif

I would, but I have a problem with everything else being suck.
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Soon Mac's will need it as the new OS Lepord was found easier to hack than Windoz.

Jul 11, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Despite the use by the Trojan of a recently-discovered Apple Mac vulnerability, users need to download and open the Trojan horse before they become infected.

Well, too bad I still have a brain
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would, but I have a problem with everything else being suck.
wink.gif

Hum. I really dont know what you're talking about
smily_headphones1.gif

Care to explain yourself? We have ways to making you talk.

Jul 11, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #29 of 32
That price thing is barrier one.
The annoying sales "gurus" are two.
The cliche "it's better", when it's really not, is number three.

Virus'...give it time. It will be worse as mac gets more mainstream like it already is, and people slowly start "converting" to mac.

I don't really have any other reasons other than I just hate the GUI/OS other than the nifty app bar at the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back