NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables
Aug 31, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #76 of 207
Zack hasn't replied to my most recent text messages as well.

I'm not trying to play the devils advocate here, but until we know exactly what is going on, I think it's best we give both Treoo and Zack and benefit of the doubt. Anything related to $ is no small matter, and I have plenty at stake as well, but I'll reserve my judgement until I have sufficient information.

I'll be self collecting the cables (and one headphone stand) which I ordered from Zack, and I'll have a short chat with him then to ask what the issue has been. I'll be sure to post any updates here.

To be honest, I've given the benefits of doubts from my past dealing with him. Took some time for delivery but communication was prompt then.That said, he's a nice guy to work with in the past and really hope he resolve his personal issues if there is any like you say and put some effort here to resolve the problem at hand. If you don't mind gyx11, may I pm you for some advice.

Aug 31, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #77 of 207
To be honest, I've given the benefits of doubts from my past dealing with him. Took some time for delivery but communication was prompt then.That said, he's a nice guy to work with in the past and really hope he resolve his personal issues if there is any like you say and put some effort here to resolve the problem at hand. If you don't mind gyx11, may I pm you for some advice.

no problem! just drop me a pm

Aug 31, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #79 of 207
Zack finally got back to me and said that he had a material shortage and will done next week.  Treoo just replied back with the I'm sorry we don't know when blah blah blah please wait blah blah blah.  If I don't get an update in two weeks on if it's made and shipped I will ask for a refund.  At least a few of you are local to both.  Those across the ocean feel helpless.

Aug 31, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #80 of 207
Zack finally got back to me and said that he had a material shortage and will done next week.  Treoo just replied back with the I'm sorry we don't know when blah blah blah please wait blah blah blah.  If I don't get an update in two weeks on if it's made and shipped I will ask for a refund.  At least a few of you are local to both.  Those across the ocean feel helpless.

Nah. I'm local but I'm as helpless as you are. Still waiting for his response. Will update again.

Sep 1, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #81 of 207
Just got a reply from Treoo. and yes, they mentioned that Nocturnal had a shortage in supply. They mentioned their rationale in asking customer's to directly contact Nocturnal. They also mentioned a "new" lead time so to speak. In the end, they are asking for 2 more weeks from me. at the time of order, it was stated on the site that lead time is 6 weeks, they now mentioned that it's technically 10 working weeks.

so sure, i will give them the 2 weeks' that they are asking - their deadline is Sept 10 from me. If i don't get my order from them, by Sept. 11 i will be dropping by their office to get my money back. I believe my conditions are just fair for both parties. Come to think of it - with all the hassle, Treoo doesn't even give their customer's any form of compensation. 
rolleyes.gif

Let's see how this plays out. I hate to bring this to the authorities or small claims court if ever they refused to give my money back by Sept 11. i'll keep everyone posted.

Sep 1, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #82 of 207
  Just got a reply from Treoo. and yes, they mentioned that Nocturnal had a shortage in supply. They mentioned their rationale in asking customer's to directly contact Nocturnal. They also mentioned a "new" lead time so to speak. In the end, they are asking for 2 more weeks from me. at the time of order, it was stated on the site that lead time is 6 weeks, they now mentioned that it's technically 10 working weeks.

so sure, i will give them the 2 weeks' that they are asking - their deadline is Sept 10 from me. If i don't get my order from them, by Sept. 11 i will be dropping by their office to get my money back. I believe my conditions are just fair for both parties. Come to think of it - with all the hassle, Treoo doesn't even give their customer's any form of compensation. 
rolleyes.gif

Let's see how this plays out. I hate to bring this to the authorities or small claims court if ever they refused to give my money back by Sept 11. i'll keep everyone posted.

Pick up my money while you're at it. lol  I have zero faith that nocaudio will make their deadline.  Treoo wants nothing to do with them by directing inquiries to nocaudio.   Treoo should just cut ties and refund all current orders. 

Sep 2, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #83 of 207
  Pick up my money while you're at it. lol  I have zero faith that nocaudio will make their deadline.  Treoo wants nothing to do with them by directing inquiries to nocaudio.   Treoo should just cut ties and refund all current orders. 

That's what i told them in my reply, it's Treoo's job to liaise between Nocturnal and its customers - makes little to no sense to ask the customer's to contact Nocturnal directly - even if their reason is for the customer to get a "more accurate" lead time estimate. By asking the customer's to inquire directly to Nocturnal, they are kinda passing their job to the customers don't you think?

I too see little faith in their requested extension. that is why i still gave them the additional requested weeks - so that in the end, they wouldn't have any excuse for them not returning my money.   

Sep 2, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #84 of 207
Well, my faith is fading fast not with Treoo though but from the man himself. I put in my order with him personally based on trust, good faith and my good past experience with him. Now, there is completely no response from him for the past week. Wonder how long is it gonna take before he decide to come forward to clear up all these mess. I've a feeling  Treoo is kind of also on the receiving end like us but in a very bad position of losing some credibilty. At least you guys have someone to turn to but for me it seems for now it's money down the drain. Sigh.

Sep 2, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #86 of 207
Well, I'm just short of calling him direct on his mobile. Wouldn't want that though but let's wait and see if there's light at the end of the tunnel. Anyway, appreciate your thoughts.

Sep 2, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #88 of 207
It's hard not to feel let down, especially because nothing seemed amiss at the time. I highly doubt calling him will work. If he doesn't reply messages, it's likely because he's avoiding having to do so, and needless to say, phone calls won't be entertained either.

If Zack is reading this is some capacity, even if it's going to be hard for him to face the backlash from the many angry customers waiting for fulfillment of their orders, I do hope he will at least contact one of us locals to offer some kind of explanation, and in turn we can then help disseminate whatever information there is on his behalf, if it is uncomfortable for him to directly do so himself.

Continued silence and avoidance will only worsen the problem, and eventually it may degenerate to the point where legal means will be employed to try and contact him. The only way he can resolve this problem is to come out and respond to all his customers in a satisfactory manner, in whatever capacity that may be. Whatever it is, I really do hope it will be in an amicable setting. 

I do believe that many of us here will never place an order with Nocturnal Audio ever again. However, as long as our current orders are fulfilled, and the cables are of sufficient quality, many of us are willing to just let this pass and not bear ill will or grudges. But this phase may soon come to pass for even for the most patient and forgiving of us.

Zack, I'm sure you understand that as customers, we are naturally only entitled to be invested in things which we have paid for. I do not know what is happening, why it has happened, and when whatever issue that has occurred will be resolved. There is only so much that speculation can do. I hope that it is nothing too serious, and more importantly, not of anything else outside the audio business.

Please get back to us soon 
smile_phones.gif

Sep 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #89 of 207
  It's hard not to feel let down, especially because nothing seemed amiss at the time. I highly doubt calling him will work. If he doesn't reply messages, it's likely because he's avoiding having to do so, and needless to say, phone calls won't be entertained either.

If Zack is reading this is some capacity, even if it's going to be hard for him to face the backlash from the many angry customers waiting for fulfillment of their orders, I do hope he will at least contact one of us locals to offer some kind of explanation, and in turn we can then help disseminate whatever information there is on his behalf, if it is uncomfortable for him to directly do so himself.

Continued silence and avoidance will only worsen the problem, and eventually it may degenerate to the point where legal means will be employed to try and contact him. The only way he can resolve this problem is to come out and respond to all his customers in a satisfactory manner, in whatever capacity that may be. Whatever it is, I really do hope it will be in an amicable setting. 

I do believe that many of us here will never place an order with Nocturnal Audio ever again. However, as long as our current orders are fulfilled, and the cables are of sufficient quality, many of us are willing to just let this pass and not bear ill will or grudges. But this phase may soon come to pass for even for the most patient and forgiving of us.

Zack, I'm sure you understand that as customers, we are naturally only entitled to be invested in things which we have paid for. I do not know what is happening, why it has happened, and when whatever issue that has occurred will be resolved. There is only so much that speculation can do. I hope that it is nothing too serious, and more importantly, not of anything else outside the audio business.

Please get back to us soon 
smile_phones.gif

That's exactly why I mentioned that I wouldn't want to make the call. Guess we can only do this much unless he's willing to spent some time working things out. It could get worse for him with all compounding factors here along with whatever problems he might be facing right now. Zack, if you are uncomfortable with meetups at this point of time, don't forget that I have suggested before that we can do it by post. Unless you have nothing to deliver, I can't see why a little request like this can't be met.

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #90 of 207
I got an email from zack. He replied back to me and called me by a different name.  Probably was one of you.  He can't even respond to emails properly.  He needs to take 30 minutes to an hour of every day focusing on customer service and the rest building us our damn cables.  If I was treoo I would cut all ties once all orders are fulfilled or given refunds.  But my order was through them so they must shoulder the responsibility of getting my cable from zack.  I just pray that they don't send me the wrong item.  I would ask for a refund right then rather than get it fixed as I won't put up with anymore delays and lack of communication from the both of them.   You do get what you pay for.  Any other company would have responded quickly.

Treoo and zack do respond quicker when you tell them that you're going to post that you are upset on head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back