Noble K-10? Enough body?
Jan 4, 2015 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

miguelito

Head-Fier
Ok, that's a catchy article title and one that I'm sure has been discussed at infinitum...

I'm about to order customs. After reading a boatload, I still have wonder whether the K-10 would be good for me...

Firstly, this is the type of sound I like, in order of preference, from my own gear (surely there's better/different):

Mac + Ray Samuels Predator + AKG-701
Mac + Ray Samuels Predator + HD-600
Mac + Ray Samuels Predator + HD-650 (yes, like the 600 better)
Fiio X3 + AKG-701 (so no extra amp)
Fiio X3 + Headroom Desktop + HD-600

So you probably get the signature of the sound I like.

BTW, I did not like the Etymotics I used to have (ER-6): good midrange but too thin sounding.

QUESTION: Will the K-10 deliver a body comparable to the above? Or will I be left wanting more body? Not sure I want to call it "bass" cuz I think it's more like bass/mids...

Thx!!!

Miguel

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 4
The 701's have quite little body... and to be sure, those are your favorite? The K10 would probably be just fine, in that case. I'd only worry if you thought the HD650's weren't warm enough. I haven't heard the K10's, btw, but have followed them pretty heavily.

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #4 of 4
  The 701's have quite little body... and to be sure, those are your favorite? The K10 would probably be just fine, in that case. I'd only worry if you thought the HD650's weren't warm enough. I haven't heard the K10's, btw, but have followed them pretty heavily.

Ok well, I like the 701's voice reproduction. Agreed that they don't have a lot of weight. I find the HD650 ever so slightly TOO warm, but between that and Ety's (which I find unbearably lean) I would prefer the HD650.

Miguel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back