Noble BTS
May 26, 2015 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

miguelito

Head-Fier
I received this Bluetooth receiver (amp?) a few days ago. I have tried quite a few Bluetooth headphones in the past - and bought two for the gym: beats and some other "highly" rated brand. The BTS is the first device I find to sound good. Indeed, it sounds amazing for a Bluetooth unit, both with Sennheiser earbuds (at the gym) and my Noble K10 ciems.

Quite impressive.

Jun 8, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 31
Quite interested in getting one of these. Could you notice any degradation in audio quality compared to a wired connection? Also, does it wear confortably? Thanks.

Jun 8, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #3 of 31
Quite interested in getting one of these. Could you notice any degradation in audio quality compared to a wired connection? Also, does it wear confortably? Thanks.

Plenty of people talking about it in the Noble thread, just go to the last page and read backwards.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/11610#post_11673286

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 31
I received my Noble BTS several days ago and love it! I can't comment on pairing it with my K10U, as can't do that at the moment. However, here are some bonus PROs about this device:

o Wireless capability to ANY 3.5mm wired headphone, at least from the phone or portable device that has BT.

o Phone mic capability to any headphone (although you do need to put mic close to mouth for best results)

o BT connection allows most Android phone users to have remote volume control!

o I can listen wirelessly on better sounding Cowon Z2 for music, but have my phone connection take over when a call comes in.

o Small and lightweight

o Compared to LG atpx BT headset, the sound quality is much better, if nothing else, simply because I can choose a much better headphone!

Here are some points to note:

o Sound quality still depends on audio source. There is a big difference between sound, when using same headphone for both devices, between my LG phone and Cowon Z2.

o BT connection is still a bit lesser quality than wired connection, but with right source and headphone/IEM, it can sound really good!

o It does come with a nice short cable to use in K10 or other IEM with standard 2 prong in order to reduce cable.

o Wireless range is about normal as any other BT device. Quality and range depends on both the BTS and phone/device. Older BT standards will be a little less than newer ones.

o Notification light is tiny. You will have to learn all the functions, but will eventually get used to it like anything else. Don't forget to put your phones in first in order to hear voice give connection status.

Best Bonus of All:

I have the Bose QC 20 Active Noise Cancelling headphones for when I need peace and quiet (even more so than mere isolation) and the Noble BTS pairs VERY nicely with these! It seems to inject a little more life to the stale highs. Soundstage projects out more in a V shape, but sounds more open. Bass seems a tad punchier (definitely not neutral). I have never ever experienced chills from the sound of ANC phones. Never! Yet, a couple of times, I DID with this combination and Cowon Z2. Amazing!  Most of all, it adds wireless from phone and as an Android user, I have volume control! Only bad is, now I've got two danglies from my neck...

Can't wait to try when my replacement K10u arrives!

Jun 19, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #5 of 31
I got my Noble BTS the other day and WOW its great, far better than any other Bluetooth dongle I have tried previously. But that will be because it supports AAC with my iPhone when out and about.

To make the cable stay still with my UE18's I used a tiny bit of heat shrink to hold the plugs still.

I'm really impressed with this !

Drew.

Sep 10, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #7 of 31
  I got my Noble BTS the other day and WOW its great, far better than any other Bluetooth dongle I have tried previously. But that will be because it supports AAC with my iPhone when out and about.

To make the cable stay still with my UE18's I used a tiny bit of heat shrink to hold the plugs still.

Drew.

I am interested in doing the exact same thing. I also have UE 18 Pro. But, was wondering, what do you do in case you don't want to use bluetooth and plug in directly? Since you put head shrinks on and can't really remove the cable and add a different one, do you just add an extension cable? 

Oct 1, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #8 of 31

Drew.

Droo....  thanks for the suggestion of adding the shrink to the connector...  was just looking at those connectors last night... great idea...

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #12 of 31
I got mine today, quick listening, with my k10U, comparing with my mojo, base is not as tight, but very good sounding comparing it to the source.
Will listen more tomorrow.

Sep 15, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #14 of 31
So I got this BTS and not sure if it's just me or if it's the BTS.

- I've been told that the voice transmission is bad - I've talked to people on the phone/Team Speak and they said my voice transmission was bad
- Volume control is independant from the iPhone volume control

Sep 29, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #15 of 31
Well, I got the BTS at the same time I bought a pair of Beoplay H8's so ended up not using it.   But since getting the iPhone 7, I had to switch over to the BTS as my headphone jack.    Sounds great.  Honestly!   A bit of interference here and there, but otherwise sounds pretty amazing with my Angie's.   **** the Lightning dongle thing.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back